Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Older Versions Pre-2020

Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Where are pervious versions of Adobe software (Photoshop, Premiere, AE, etc.)?

The oldest I can find is 2021.

Where can I find CC2017 or CC2018? Or CC2015?

Using an old machine and newer versions are obnoxious on it - had it pretty flawless with CC2017 - I upgraded and can't go back.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe now offers the current and ONE older version via the online program manager
I do not know how far back this process will go, but try this link
Direct Download Links https://prodesigntools.com/tag/ddl MAY help
-NOTE that you will have to search the site for your specific download
-you MUST do what it says in Note: Very Important Instructions
-https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2015-direct-download-links.html#download-instructions
-the prodesign links go directly to Adobe's file server, so this process will
--only work until Adobe completely removes the old version(s) from the server
IF/When you do have a download, be sure to copy it to AT LEAST one external device
-since Adobe does sometimes remove old versions from the server
-a usb flash drive or external hard drive, or write to a DVD

-plus a text file containing your serial number if you have a serial number program

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried any of those links recently?

I keep seeing that link as the answer, but follwing the links to any old CC leads me to the latest update.

So did Adobe remove everything before 2021? Because I will literally scrap the entire suite if they did.
Done paying for Adobe preferences instead of my own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Talked to someone in India (of course), and they informed me Adobe got rid of everything prior to 2021.

So that's it, folks.

Buy a new computer, or cancel your Adobe subscription.

They un-apologetically don't care about their users - just their money.
In case that wasn't already obvious, this stunt confirms it.
I refuse to believe they can't afford to host the servers for as recent as CC2018 - they just don't want to, and they already have your money.
And to the guy about to defend Adobe and tell me this is natural, your contribution is unnecessary and
unappreciated.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To circle back and simplify - CC 21.0 is as far back as you can go.
That's why links stating otherwise route to the update page - you can select other versions from there, but only as far back as 21.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is incorrect. I'm downloading Photoshop CC 2018 and 2019 as I write this, via the ProDesignTools published links. Please note that this is not guaranteed to work at any point in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2022 Dec 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did this, to find that when I try to use the software, it takes me to the pay window. But no option to pay for the old software, and as I'm running High Sierra, I cannot update. I'm beyond pissed. I emigrated back to UK, my mac needed repairing and I had masses of pre bought software on it. Microsoft nor Adobe are willing to help in any way, and I'm not convinced I should be throwing out my old (very expensive) iMac!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Lynda27750175am15 

if you're trying to install cc versions compatible with your os:  

1. start by checking the specs of the apps you want and finding the last version supported by your os, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

2. then once you know that you can access the versions needed using:

you can install the latest and 1 version prior versions using the cc desktop app. you must have a subscription because previous versions are not available with trials. other versions are revealed after clicking file preferences>apps>tick show older apps (at panel bottom).

for versions cc 2019 and older, use prodesign tools.com*.

for versions newer than cc 2019 but older than one previous version, contact adobe support for links.**

most adobe download links are available from prodesigntools.com. https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-direct-download-links.html

follow the directions (esp, step 1)

save the install file. it may not remain online.

thank jim @ prodesigntools.com

** there are 3 ways to contact adobe; chat, phone and twitter:

chat:
use a browser that allows popups and cookies, and click here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human.

phone:
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

twitter:
tweet @AdobeCare

p.s. if you're contacted by anyone (via email or private message), it's much more likely to be a scammer than an adobe representative. ie, double check for an employee badge if contacted in the forums and look for an adobe.com domain in the email address if you click reply to an email. then check again and be very suspicious. any other method of contacting (or offering to contact you) is almost certainly a scam, https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community-discussions/staying-safe-in-the-adobe-support-com...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You need a CC subscription either way. Download and install the CC App, then the compatible versions CC 2018 or 2019) and install those. As long as you have a valid CC subscription, the older versions will work.

I have CC 2018 on my 2011 13" MacBook Pro running High Sierra.

At the same time, I bought a refurb M1 mini with 16GB of RAM from Apple for US$800. I added a US$60 USB-C dock, dual displays, used a wireless keyboard and mouse I already had, a Wacom tablet, and I have eight hard drives connected. The combination works great and runs rings around both the older MBP and my 2015 15" MacBook Pro.

An older iMac will retain a decent resale value so you could recoup some of your investment. Remember that High Sierra is not getting security updates so using it online can be risky.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They can afford the servers. What they can't do is support half a dozen (or more) versions of more than 60 applications at the same time.

Think about it this way: if you called Microsoft for tech support on Windows 3.0, would you expect anyone there to know how to help you? Adobe's release cycle is much more frequent than the Windows OS releases. Adobe updates its applications on an 18-month cycle. I'm willing to bet (no actual knowledge) that turnover in customer and technical support is at least that frequent because of promotion or other reasons for departure. The knowledge needed to support older versions is gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines