• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Personal plan or company plan?

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2017 Feb 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a question regarding the difference between the personal plan and the company plan and which would be appropriate in my situation.

I will be starting a small company where I will be the only person who will be using Creative Cloud. To be able to buy it as a company, do I have to buy the company plan (it seems geared towards more users?) or can I use the personal plan?

I notice that the company plan is more expensive, even with just one user. What does it offer on top of the personal plan?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 05, 2017 Feb 05, 2017

"Business" is really a misnomer. It often confuses more than clarifies. It's merely a Cloud plan with centralised administration of software licenses and collaborative workflow features. You don't need to be a business to use it and it's not mandatory to use it even if you are a business. Freelancers and companies where only one person uses the Cloud can use the Individual plans.

What does it offer on top of the personal plan?

One of the major differences is centralised administration of software

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cloud storage

-Special Photography Plan includes 2Gig of Cloud storage

-Full plan for individuals includes 20Gig of Cloud storage

-Team plan for business includes 100Gig of Cloud storage

Team plan is designed for multiple employees, each with an active subscription

Individual plan may be installed/activated on 2 computers, but both may NOT be in use at the same time

You may use your individual plan for anything you want, so at your business is fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Business" is really a misnomer. It often confuses more than clarifies. It's merely a Cloud plan with centralised administration of software licenses and collaborative workflow features. You don't need to be a business to use it and it's not mandatory to use it even if you are a business. Freelancers and companies where only one person uses the Cloud can use the Individual plans.

What does it offer on top of the personal plan?

One of the major differences is centralised administration of software licenses.

In a corporate or multi-user environment, it is far more convenient for a designated administrator to control deployment and revoking of software licenses: it's easier to keep track of which licenses are deployed where since they are all administered from a single console.

Manage your Creative Cloud for teams membership

Teams also get more Cloud storage per person, more direct support from Adobe and collaborative workflow features. If you don't need any of that, you don't need Teams.

The Individual Plans are always tied to a single Adobe ID and email address. You can have more than one Individual Cloud plan per Adobe ID (e.g. 2 x Single App plans) but they're always tied to that ID and email. How you use an Individual plan is up to you: personal hobby use, freelance or business use within a company (as in your case) are all OK. Just bear in mind, that if you add any further Cloud users to your company, you must pay for another Individual Cloud membership for them with their own unique Adobe ID and email address.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

Hope its well with you.

This is Rise from Hong Kong. I'm crrently in a serious fight with Adobe HK CS staff on whether I can use Ai/Ps with my individual plan/ Adobe ID on my company computer. He said to me "No, you cannot". So I sent him your replies in this thread. He said what you mentioned was base on the old Adobe policy back in 2017. And the new one has been updated in 2020.

First for all, I would like to ask you if the Adobe HK staff is correct? What you mentioned that "How you use an Individual plan is up to you: personal hobby use, freelance or business use within a company (as in your case) are all OK." is still the case for nowadays, even for Hong Kong territory (I hope you can tell)? If yes, may I have your advice on how should I deal with my case? Is there anybody I can further check with instead of the CS guy?

I do not want take any risk of breaching the law / rule of use. But I do feel that there is no harm for me to work it on my company computer with my individul plan Adobe ID. And I seriously think the Adobe HK CS staff does not really explain to me WHY? . He is kind of just said No, read the updated policy. 

To be frank, Im going to use Ai/Ps to do a little grahic work for the pictures/ banners/ ads. for our company online store. i.e. marketing purposes . Neither I am using it to make graphic for sell nor nor to make graphic on any kind of products for sell. Still a "No, you cannot" ? I really think there is no point for my company to spend more than double of the price for another Adobe enterprise plan/ ID for the mentioned tasks.   

Look forward to hearing from you reply soon. 

Many thanks!

Regards,

Rise Li

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can definitely use an Individual/personal plan for business, corporate, or commercial purposes. There is simply no restriction on that, and no way that Adobe could legally impose such a limitation, even if they wanted to (which they don't).

If anyone tells you otherwise, please ask them to cite the law or where it says in the software terms of use that it would be prohibited.

So, if you don't want or need the additional benefits and features that a Teams plan offers (see here for the differences), then you can absolutely use the Creative Cloud for Individuals plan within a business.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines