Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PHOTODELUXE 4.0

Jun 06, 2013 Jun 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am installing the software to a new computer.  Windows 7 64 bit with 6gb ram.  When starting I get a message not enough ram to run the program.  How much do I need?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 06, 2013 Jun 06, 2013

Try http://forums.v3.co.uk/showthread.php?t=224648.

Since Photodeluxe is ancient and no longer supported, you could also try Photoshop Elements 11 (run the free trial first)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try http://forums.v3.co.uk/showthread.php?t=224648.

Since Photodeluxe is ancient and no longer supported, you could also try Photoshop Elements 11 (run the free trial first)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

by that remark I can tell you never used Adobe PhotoDeluxe Home Edition - nor have I found an equal - our lost

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@dougr48826035 You seem to have misconstrued that 10 year old remark.

It had nothing to do with the quality of the software. Just that it's very old and long ago discontinued so modern alternatives need to be sourced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@dougr48826035 

you disagree with @John Waller because you think photodeluxe 4.0 is not ancient or is supported?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. That is not what I said or meant - it sounds like that was a 'AI' reply.

I have yet to find an app so clean and easy to use for amateurs.
this program spoiled me, I guess..
maybe you can point me in another direction of an app that is similar
d

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm not a photo editing expert (and i've never used photodeluxe). (animation/adobe animate is my area of expertise vis-a-vis adobe apps).

@John Waller has expertise in the photo editing area and he's already opined that photoshop elements is a good alternative.  see if it meets your needs, https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements/features.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have yet to find an app so clean and easy to use for amateurs.

Photodeluxe was discontinued in 2003. Adobe's consumer-level replacement was Photoshop Elements which is now 20+ years old.

Is there something missing in Elements which you are still looking for given how much software has progressed in the past 20 years?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you miss the words "so clean and easy to use for amateurs."??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not at all but that's a general subjective statement . It's very hard for Adobe to review and address any changes you would like to see in Elements based on that statement alone.

You could say exactly the same thing about Elements. Many amateurs find Photoshop Elements is clean and easy to use as it is. That's how it has been designed from the ground up.

Anyway Photodeluxe is long dead. So it would be best for you to explore Photoshop Elements and see if it works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use photodeluxe and I have it on every computer I've owned. When you install put it in and make sure you change the os so it works on your new computer. I have mine set as windows XP and it hasn't given me a problem. I edit pictures all the time. I make my own wallpaper for my phone and computer. I enjoy photodeluxe because it's easy to use and you don't have to be a rocket scientist to edit a single picture. I also have a gif program so I "fix" pictures and resize them then use my gif program to make my own gif for the web.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nothing from adobe is simpler than pse for desktops and adobe's mobile apps.  if none of those suit you, look elsewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simple system requirements not met

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when installing Photo Deluxe on a Win7 OS, you have to RIGHT CLICK the desktop ICON and select COMPATIBILITY MODE.  Convince the system that it worked great in XP SP3, and all is well!!! BTW, PhotoDeluxe is FAR SUPERIOR to the over hyped "Photoshop".....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines