• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2020 Offline Mode

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why can't I use the new photoshop without being connected to the internet?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Enthusiast , Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Hi SkeletonCrewPhotography,

You should be able to use Photoshop offline so long as you connect once every 4 months to validate your license. Have you validated and are still unable to use Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

You might also try the solutions mentioned here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/cannot-verify-subscription-offline-mode.html

Best

-Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to use Photoshop offline so long as you connect once every 4 months to validate your license. Have you validated and are still unable to use Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, i connected to the internet and opened photoshop then disconnected and it works fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might also try the solutions mentioned here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/cannot-verify-subscription-offline-mode.html

Best

-Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave, I note replies to your solution indicate people are still being forced to remain singned in.  I work in remote areas with no internet.  I've just upgraded to the latest Photoshop etc, and now can't open and use them unless I'm on the interenet and signed into CC.  This is a big problem for me, I need it sorted before I head back into 'no wifi land'.  Any further thought or suggestions would be gratefully recieved - the Contact Us' button in Adobe appears to be broken.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you try to open applications from the CC app it will automatically prompt you to sign on.

To work around this go to the Adobe source folder on your computer and put shortcuts to the applications you want on the desktop and open them from there.

Then you can work offline as long as you want even if you don't have an Internet connection.

When offline save your files to your computer and then when back online upload to the Cloud if you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I call BS here, my CC has to verify every single time I open lightroom cc or photoshop even though I only open from shortcuts and never the CC app.  Problem is I have a macbook with 1 functional USB port and have to use a big stupid dongle to connect a mouse and external hard drives for my catalog, the dongle plugged in kills my WIFI for some reason.  I have migrated my huge catalog to my native HD and use the external drives for photo storage, so I can open with WIFI then plug everything in, but this only works when I'm home or near a WIFI I trust.  I've had CC-Annual since 2015, have been able to use all apps offline as long as I connect once a month or so to verify the subscription, this stopped completely last month and it's ruining my ability to work when offline (which is a lot of the time).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. I am frequently out onsite working and would love to use Adobe products. However I am shut down completely until this can be resolved.

I dialed down into the folders on my drive. Created the shortcuts on my desktop, and once the program begins to initialize it fails with the inability to connect with adobe servers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kenny,  did you manage to resolve this?  I am having the same issue, I need to run CC apps in remote locations with no WiFi, but it appears I need to be logged in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to eventually allow the Adobe help center techs share my screen, they went into the Adobe system folders and changed the names of about a half dozen files.  I ended up on a phone call while they did it and didn't get the files and renaming written down.  It's been a few weeks, but so far it seems to have done the trick.  No subscription verifications since.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2023 Jun 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell me how you contacted Adobe for this? The only phone number I have goes to a closed office.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2023 Jun 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@kuxtv88fbzxliycwhrh 

there are 2 ways to contact adobe; chat and twitter:

chat:
use a browser that allows popups and cookies
and click here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human.

twitter:
tweet @AdobeCare

p.s. if you're contacted by anyone (via email or private message), it's much more likely to be a scammer than an adobe representative. ie, double check for an employee badge if contacted in the forums and look for an adobe.com domain in the email address if you click reply to an email. then check again and be very suspicious. any other method of contacting (or offering to contact you) is almost certainly a scam, https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community-discussions/staying-safe-in-the-adobe-support-com...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also was a chump to upgrade to PhotoShop CC 2020 whatever and am getting re authentic message WHILE I am still in the real world.  I will be going out to field ( 100s of miles from just about anyone/anything not to mention WiFi ).  This is a concern because IF this product stops working - What use is it ?

Can this Validation be made prior to say - boarding the plane and it will be good for the next 120 days - 121 day everything STOPS even though my ' subscription ' is for a year ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I understand the validation system:

"Sign In"  really means "ACTIVATE THE SOFTWARE"

"Sign Out" means "DEACTIVATE THE SOFTWARE"

So- Never Sign out,

Except- If you intend to be away without internet- on the day before you go- Sign OUT, Sign IN. This will refresh your activated time to the 99days +1 month (if paid annually). And never try to change your OS clock time/date -this can Deactivate requiring a Sign-in.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply . . . I think I just use a 32 bit Mac OS and use my Master Collection Suite that works - so much for the new and improved if it isn't really that improved.  Piss poor workaround - really, no excuse.

Shame that Adobe no longer supports field users.

The world is a pretty big place, not everyone sits at home or in the office.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. Some offline way of checking (such as phoning for a code) would have been a great help. I believe Adobe are interested in the largest parts of the market, and don't mind losing part of their trade in the edge cases. (Also, programmers and planners do live in a happy bubble where everyone has fast internet 24/7).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, and bear in mind - CS, CS2 and CS3 can no longer be activated, they are dead. Also don't expect to be able to download installers for old software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Master Collection Suite CS6 is active, can be downloaded if you bought it here and usable when I boot my laptop under the 32 bit OS ( Pre  Catalina ).  I required an upgrade on my laptop and an sure soon the option to install an old OS will no longer be an option.

This is LAZY programming - serious :

Why must connect every X days to keep my software I had to upgrade to ?

See, if it was authorized until my renewal date: I know what date it expires.  NOTHING currently tells you when other than these guesswork arounds.  WHY ?

Known Date - factual, not mythical we guess is useless.

( recompile CS6 64 bit and this would never be a question - sell a FULL Functional version of Photoshop that is not a subscription ( CS6 was that answer ) )

There are many ' guesses ' but no real answers.  Have talked to Adobe a few times about this . . . their answers are poor at best.  ' Just connect to the internet ' - - - you can only explain and should only need to explain once : that is not an option.  What % of the world has no WiFi or Internet ? . . . Photography - I can visit many of these places - a product that works, Photoshop is a tool - the tool has become useless after maybe 120 days ? . . . even that information requires a set of conditions Adobe will not confirm ( I would expect Adobe to know ).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it checks regularly even if you pay for a year. Regular internet connections are a requirement, and cC is not suitable for long term off grid use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is really not on. I paid for the software which includes license to use it locally. I had no idea you would need active internet connection to use. The apps have already been validated. I live in a country where internet connectivity not that stable. Outrageous. It also means Adobe know when I'm using their apps. What business is it of theirs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, having fiddled around with this for a month now, the actual answer is in 2 parts.  WobertC on June 4th has the first half of the answer, and DelphiZoa has part of the other, but I am being asked to connect much more regularly than every 4 months.  It seems to be monthly (even tho I have an annual subs) in my experience.  So, if like me you work in a no-internet zone, to be safe you need to check in just before you head into the wilds and hope it holds out long enough for you to do the work.  Not ideal but clearly I am in the minority.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the grace time period is dependent on whether you paid for the Full Year all at once or if you are making monthly payments. All at once the time period is longer. Monthly payments it is shorter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have gone out to the field for 9+ months and am blessed to be able to have this type of life adventures.  I am hoping, within the next couple of years to be able to go off-grid for 2 to 3-year(s), baby steps, I know, but simple retirement goals 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also jumping in and saying that this is a huge issue for many of us! Many creative professionals work off the grid from time to time, myself included, and I've been prompted to connect to the internet nearly every time I try and launch an Adobe program. I pay for a yearly subscription and had no idea that this was a policy. The grace period and the 30 day allotment doesn't seem to be the case, or at least work for me (perhaps there's a bug?) I also always open from a shortcut, not creative cloud. Incredibly frustrating! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe fails to open unless the computer is online, even if the program had been open the prior day. I'm traveling and internet connection is not always possible. A solution that requires having internet access when the problem is caused by not having internet access simply isn't going to work. So what's the fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines