• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 7 won't bring up install wizard

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2012 Jan 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had Photoshop 7 on this computer for quite some time now. But then some of the tools really started messing up for some reason, anything involving gradients. So I finally decided to uninstall and then re install using my PS7 disc. However when it goes to bring up the install wizard, it gets to 99% and then refuses to do anything else. It will even go off the screen, but then nothing else will come up. Funny thing is, it happened when I downloaded PS7 and tried to install that way as well.

When I uninstalled it asked me if I wanted to remove shared files, I clicked yes. I'm wondering if that might be the issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system and version?

You might try turning off your virus scanner before installing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My computer runs Windows 7. I wasn't sure if it mattered too much though, as it's been installed using the disc on this computer fine before.

I tried disabling ad aware and unfortunately it did nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might try copying the cd contents to your desktop, right click on the installer and choose Run as Administrator.

Sometimes it takes a few minutes to get past the 99%. How long did you let it try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I never let it stop trying. It just went off the screen and then nothing ever came up. I tried several hours ago, and several hours after that.

My problem has now randomly been solved though. While browsing around and looking for possible install wizard issues, it decided to pop up and occupy the screen. I don't have the slightest idea why it did.... Not only is it installed again now, but for some reason it kept my brushes, patterns, and actions. And fixed my issues I was having with certain tools before. O____O

Well that works for me! =D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines