• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2017 installation error 117

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is getting to be too much... I've been trying to update Photoshop CC 2015.5 to 2017 and it keeps on stopping and giving me an error 117 message. Everything else has updated with no problem (Indesign, Bridge and Illustrator) but no go on Photoshop. Is it the difficult child of the family or something? I have read many threads on many forums discussing this issue and there is no clear answer yet. Most say that it probably is the network provider, but then WHY DID ALL THE OTHER UPDATE NORMALLY? No answer to that yet. What makes Photoshop this shitty to download. Also I do not have access to another network at work so even trying that is not possible. I was told by my administrator that I could not switch off the firewall, even temporarily.

And I would be fine with no update, but since the first failed attempt all my files (PSDs, Jpegs. PNGs) will not open in Photoshop. I keep getting another message

'Could not complete your request, because the file is not a valid Photoshop document'. So I can even work.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Adobe just keeps on failing their customers. Over and over. This should be straightforward. Open the Cloud, press Update, Done. Saying to your clients that they need to turn off vital firewalls or change networks or do some voodoo is unacceptable. Will Adobe conpenstae my bosses for the time I have needed to spent fixing something that seems to be unfixable.

So for the last time - HOW CAN I UPDATE PHOTOSHOP?

E

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Adobe Creative Cloud​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Having the same issue when trying to install Photoshop via Creative Cloud.

Tried options in Error 117 occurred during download link to no avail.

It only seems to happen when trying to install Photoshop 2017. All other apps were downloaded and installed fine.

Is there a way go revert back to 2015? Is there another option of downloading 2017.

Please help, Marketing department needs Photoshop back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

non of the stuff you offer in that Troubleshoot error 117 while downloading Creative Cloud apps appy to me and non of the solutions work!

Solution 1: Check your Internet connection

my connection is perfect scores 96 mbit/sec on the speed tests!

Solution 2: Configure your software firewall

I don't use a software firewall it's off !

Solution 3: Disable antivirus software

I have no antivirus software I'm using a mac!

Solution 4: Start your system in Safe Mode With Networking

Tried that and it did not work

Solution 5: Verify your router setup

I don't use a router I am already connected to dsl network directly! creative coud app downloads all apps like light room it does not download the photoshop 2017 app it comes till %5 and fails with fail code 117 !

Solution 6: Configure hardware firewalls or proxies

I don't use hardware firewalls or poxy nor a 3rd party dns server nothin this is a home network as ordinary and as simple as it gets yet Adobe has to complicate everything and fail! why can't you put a simple download link in your web page to manually download the apps why do we have to download another app just to download the real necessary app ! read this line over and over and please try to understand how stupid and unnecessary this is ! and don't tell me this is a security measure to avoid crack software ! the crack software is all over the place I can download and crack your software any time ! but I am trying to do the right thing yet I am being punished and blocked by adobe itself maybe I really shoul download from a torrent and crack your software it is much easier than going through your creative cloud bullshit!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2017 Sep 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem and have followed the same solutions - have worked with at least 4 different Adobe Techs - all trying the same solutions, all getting no where.  When they see they can't fix it they push me to safe mode where it disconnects me from them.  -- I took my computer in to a professional company to see if they could make progress.  Nope!  They couldn't either.  They finally downloaded indesign 2015 outside of adobe creative cloud.  - Frustrating.  Looking for the solutions that is outside of the normal set of fixes. 

It won't allow me to update anything - gets stuck on error 117 - paying for a monthly subcription that i can't use on my computer.  Help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2017 Sep 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same for me... i did all the suggestions none of them worked... had several contacts at the help desk, none of them could help and one of them deleted working photoshop.. now i don't have photosop anymore..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Im experiencing the same issue. Contacted Tech support multiple times, and they told me I had to connect to the internet from a different internet connection. I havent tried it yet, but I dont see how that would fix the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm having the same problem - all other apps updated successfully, but not Photoshop. Like the other users mentioned above, I'm not allowed to disable the firewall or change any network/security settings.

It doesn't make sense that everything else would update, but only Photoshop would require these changes.

Are there other ways to update the app? Or do I need to continue using the old version?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. all programs  other than photoshop are updated succesfully via cloud.

You should put your hand to the issue, Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines