• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC update failed. Download error 49

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2014 Jun 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The initial install of Photoshop completed successfully. But then I get a message in the Creative Cloud app that an update is available. Every time I try to update, it fails an gives the message "Update Failed. Download error. Press retry to try again or contact customer support.(49)".

I am running 64-bit Windows 7 Home Premium with Service Pack 1.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jun 06, 2014 Jun 06, 2014

For anyone else that runs into this issue, this problem has been fixed with the help of Vijay B from Adobe Chat Customer Support. The solution was to temporarily disable McAffee Real Time Scan and Firewall. After I did that, the Photoshop CC update run successfully.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 03, 2014 Jun 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cdraus, are you on a managed network or is this a home network?  If it is a home network please try the steps listed in Sign in or activation errors | CS6, CS5.5 Subscriptions, CS6 Perpetual -http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html

You can find more details on how to resolve these difficulties at Installation failed. Error U44M1P7 | Updates - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/error-u44m1p7-installing-upda tes-ccm.html.

It is likely that the updates are not available for direct download.

For the best assistance, I recommend our chat support at http://adobe.ly/yxj0t6

Regards,

Rajshree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2014 Jun 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone else that runs into this issue, this problem has been fixed with the help of Vijay B from Adobe Chat Customer Support. The solution was to temporarily disable McAffee Real Time Scan and Firewall. After I did that, the Photoshop CC update run successfully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2014 Dec 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if you don't have McAfee on your computer. I have the same error (49) but am running it on windows 8 64 bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2015 Aug 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have that problem as well and did all that, but after dısactıvating Firewall and McAfee I got the same error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2014 Aug 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact problem but I disabled my real-time scan and fire-wall and it is still not working. Has anyone else had this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2014 Sep 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes --  Win 7 64  --  Error 49 - disabled McAfee - still does not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2014 Dec 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same error 49 issues.  I disabled MacAfee, shut down Creative Cloud app and then launched the Creative Cloud app again.  It allowed me to run the updates this time.  I noticed MacAfee was preventing a dialogue box from coming up asking for permissions to make changes.  With MacAfee disabled, the box came up and it went through the normal update process.  I'm using Win7 Pro, x64. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2015 Jun 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error 49, Win 7 x6x, corporate network firewall bypassed with USB wireless WIFI Dongle.

Disabled Symantec Protection, quit CC desktop app, went into task manager and killed all Adobe tasks.

Restarted CC Desktop, Update all. Worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2016 Jan 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem here. I already turned off my real-time scanning and my firewall. But still I wont update. Please help us?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2014 Oct 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just updated the recent update of Creative Cloud and I cannot download any updates on my programmes as it gives me an error (update failed contact customer care (49).

I work on a Mac. I have tried to reinstall Creative Cloud, still doesn't work. I refuse to reinstall all my programmes if thats the case. HELP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2014 Oct 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I´ve got the same problem. I´m working on a mac and reinstalled adobe creative cloud desctop application and some other adobe applications (photoshop, illustrator, etc.) ... but after that i got the same error (49).
I inactivated the firewall, still doesn´t work.

does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 23, 2014 Oct 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please refer to Error downloading Creative Cloud applications

Are you on a managed network?  If not then please check your Firewall software and try an alternate form of Internet.  If you are on a wireless connection try a wired connection.  If you are on a wired connection try a different cable or Internet provider.

Regards

Rajshree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2015 Oct 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To Rajshree

You is realy stupid ?

Can You !@£$%^&*() company make normal update proces for PS and LR in Creative Cloud ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the best assistance, I recommend our chat support at http://adobe.ly/yxj0t6

You can also refer :

Latest Upgrade to Lightroom Crashes on MacBook Pro with MacOS 10.11

Photoshop Family Customer Community

Regards

Rajshree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

O JESUS !!!

LR 2015.2 CRASHING REGULARY ON EL CAPITAN ?!!!!??

ADOBE SUCK!!! WHY I PAY MONYE ???

CAN I INSTALL STABLE RELEASE, WHERE ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 17, 2016 Jan 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, tried different networks, and I don't have Mcaffee malware installed, still not working on two different computers with 2 different accounts work / home.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2016 Jan 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried: Start->program. Highlighting Adobe CC.  Right clicking-> Run as Administrator.This solution worked for me when I was receiving the error 49 message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 22, 2016 Jan 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Steve, thanks for the response, but it sounds like this is a solution for Windows?  ...I'm on a Mac.  I can confirm I am still having problems on my work computer.  I thought it might be a firewall issue, but I tried it on my home network too (Brought the Macbook Pro home from work) and still had an issue updating apps and installing.    My home computer on a different Adobe account is updating ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2016 Jan 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As it happens the issue reoccurred with a different error within a couple hours of posting that comment .. in the end I allowed the Adobe support techs remote access and they had it sorted within 15 minutes.  Best of luck with it Kevin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2016 Jan 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm, ok, maybe I should try to get one on the phone, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2016 Jan 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After weeks of this I finally found a solution. This guide is hidden deep in the customer support, actually got to it via another guide for the same error that didn't help at all but I'm persistent!

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/Download_Error_49.html

Repeated here:

Solutions

1. Rename the 1.0 folder in the AAMUpdater folder:
    • Windows
      1. C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Local\Adobe\AAMUpdater\1.0
    • Mac OS X
      1. /Users/[user name]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/AAMUpdater/1.0/
  2. Temporarily disable any antivirus programs installed on the computer. (Check with the security software manufacturer for specific directions.)
  3. Temporarily turn off the Windows Firewall and retry installation. Turn on the firewall after the installation is either finished or failed.
  4. Erase the contents of the Temp Folder and retry the installation
    1. Windows: C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Local\Temp
    2. Mac OS:
      1. Go to the Finder.
      2. Choose Go > Go to Folder.
      3. Type /tmp and click Go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2016 Jan 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still getting error 49 after doing these steps when trying to Update Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2016 Jan 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank-you for contacting Steve McMarson Photography.

A staff member will attend to your message shortly.

You can keep up to date with the studio's activities by liking our Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/stevemcmarson.photography

or by visiting the News section of our website:

http://www.stevemcmarson.com.au

Steve McMarson Photography

Multi Award Winning Portrait & Wedding Photographer.

Atmospheric. Elegant. Enduring.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 30, 2016 Mar 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi hdpg50569017,

Please let me know, are you still facing this issue on your Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines