• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS5 Serial Number Says Upgrade Only?

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2015 Nov 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Photoshop CS5 - original packing and everything still. Tried to install and it says it requires an old serial number to upgrade it. NOTHING on the box mentions that it is an upgrade only. I looked over everything that came with it just to see but not even in the fine print or under the system requirements does it mention you need an old serial number - the word upgrade doesn't even appear on the box. Only "Photoshop CS5." Customer service won't answer or explain to me why this is happening. I don't have any old versions of Photoshop, what do I do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It means that the serial number you have is an upgrade license serial number.

In order to activate the same, you will need to provide a previous version serial number.

Refer: Find your Adobe product serial number quickly

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That still does not answer the really big question I am trying to solve here about why none of this is mentioned on any of the product packaging.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well Upgrade is meant to be from the previous version only.

Else it would be a full version product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2015 Nov 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That still does not answer why nothing on the box, inside or outside, on any of the papers inside the box, or anywhere does it say the product is only an upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a photo of the packaging?

Every time I've bought an upgrade from Adobe in the past, the word "Upgrade" was clearly shown on the box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

20151125_164535.jpg20151125_164557.jpg20151125_164616.jpg20151125_164649.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 27, 2015 Nov 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kiramay,

I am sorry you have had this frustrating experience. As John says, upgrade versions purchased from Adobe are typically clearly marked. However, you can no longer buy CS5 directly from Adobe and are therefore at the mercy of third-party resellers. In this case, although the word upgrade isn't on the package, it appears you have received an upgrade version since it is asking for a serial number from an earlier product. I would recommend contacting the company from which you purchased Photoshop CS5 for an explanation and, if necessary, a refund.

Best,

Del

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2015 Nov 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This was not bought recently, I just only recently opened it because I finally felt comfortable enough from using Photoshop Elements to try out Photoshop CS5. It's been sitting on my shelf for at least two years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines