• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop cs5 upgrade

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2011 Dec 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently bought cs5 upgrade.  I have the web premium cs4 on my computer.  I also have the whole program of photoshop cs2, but it is not installed.  I read that an upgrade will not install over a collection. I had a hard time with the trial photoshop cs5 and am wondering, do I have to uninstall my web premium, install my photoshop cs2, then install the upgrade?  Or will the upgrade ask for the previous version's serial number that I have and then install it?  I am concerned because the trial kept not wanting to install, but eventually did.  Haven't used it much, so dont know if it has problems. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 06, 2011 Dec 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded this program also and have the CS3 installed. I have tried 6-7 times to get it to install and it will not. Really frustrating. I have followed all of the Repair istaller and uninstall Adobe AIR instructions to no avail. Getting frustrated. Any ideas? I am thinking this should NOT have to be be this difficult.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 07, 2011 Dec 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can upgrade from a suite to a suite, but not from a suite to a single product. Sounds like that's the issue in both of these cases and you'll need to contact Customer Service for help. For the best assistance, I recommend our chat support at http://adobe.ly/rSZYR5. Our chat representatives can provide a personalized experience to resolve the issues you describe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 07, 2011 Dec 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Shire ley CS5 should co-exist with CS4 and even CS3 just fine on your computer.  The only thing you would need to remove would be any older versions of Acrobat.  You can also install the CS5 upgrade without having the other software installed as the installer will request your previous version serial number during the install process.

Do you have any details regarding the error message you received?  If you are able to install Adobe AIR successfully then you may want to utilize our Adobe Support Advisor.

As Jeri mentioned our Chat support is also available to assist you and can provide a more personalized support experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines