• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS6 genuine software verification failure

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2013 Mar 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased a disk copy (from a genuine retailer) of Photoshop CS6 Extended (educational version) which always freezes during installation (the progress bar does not move).

After some time has passed I always receive the 'Genuine Software Verification Failure' message. I have attempted the installation multiple times, close all programs during install, multiple restarts, nothing seems to help.

Could someone please help as after trying to install around 20 times without success Im getting fed up!

My unit;

ASUS PRO61S laptop

O/S Windows Vista Premium

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't see windows vista compaitable with Photoshop CS6: http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/tech-specs.html Thats means due this reason you are not able to install the software properly.

Usually where softwares are compaitable this error comes when .7z file is not extracting completly / properly with its exe. After downloading the 7z file from adobe.com website try to extract .7z file with winrar and after extracting it from winrar try to install it should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any idea where the 7z file is located within the Adobe website?..having trouble finding it.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just replied Above

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Genuine Verification failure downloading or installing | CS6

It may not be officially supported on Vista, but should work just fine...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I managed to download the LS16.7z file, unfortunately when I try and extract it using winrar I receive heaps of cannot open error messages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 14, 2013 Mar 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please can you paste some screenshots?

Did you download the Exe also along with this to extract the .7z file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 14, 2013 Mar 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If you are getting errors while extracting the LS16.7z file it means it is not downloaded completely.

Try these steps

1. Create a Folder named Photoshop on the Desktop.

2. Copy the content from the Photoshop CS6 Extended Disc.

3. Paste the content in the Photoshop Folder.

Try installing the software this way.

Also please install all Pending Windows Update first as most of the times this errors comes because of the Windows is not updated with the latest Updates.

Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2013 Mar 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Abhijit, that method worked.

Unfortunately I have encountered another problem; when I try to open Bridge I get a stopped working error msg.

My Windows is up to update, and I also updated the latest Bridge updates as well {from: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?platform=Windows&product=108}

And Ive done system restart as well.

I have come across other threads discussing this problem, yet I have not found a solution to make it work.

Should I begin a new thread for the Bridge issue?

Untitled.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2013 Mar 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great that you are able to fix that up, Regarding bridge we hear this comes up quite frequently, Try Launching the Bridge by Pressing "Ctrl + Alt + Shift". Hopefully That should fix it!

Also try to run it in Compatibility Mode.

Cheers!

EDIT: This may help you too 😉 http://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/kb/bridge-crashes-changing-temp-file.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2013 Mar 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried running Bridge as Administrator, tried in Compatibility modes and also tried Ctrl+ALt+Shift. No luck.

{I have the lateset updates too}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2013 Apr 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

has anyone got any other suggestions re Bridge issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2019 Aug 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines