• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS6 [How to locate serial number?]

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i recently purchased a new computer, i had my old hard drive mirrored to avoid reinstalling all my software individually. Photoshop CS6 opened the first time with a dialog box about it being a limited free trial. I now have to entre the license number to get it to work. I have checked my Adobe account and its not there.  The online assistant was of no use, there is no support of CS6 because it is too old and they want me to sign up for a monthly subscription. I'm retired and don't want any more monthly paymnents. Is there any work around or finding the license number hidden in some file in the Adobe directory?

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Belarc Advisor may find it:

https://www.belarc.com/products/belarc-advisor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Download and Install forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. I'm new to the forum and don't know my way around.
I received a private message from
AdobeHelpLine24x7@outlook.com
Do you know if this is a legitimate Adobe site.

over the weekend and today i exchanged 15 messages and received an offer for a license today. This person then asked for information that he should already have or doesn't need. I'm afraid its a scam. Adobe should know about it as well as whoever is managing the forum.
I would appreciate some sort of reply.
Thanks
Gordon Manson

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

SCAM

1 - Adobe does not do support via email

2 - if Adobe did use email, it would not be by a free outlook account

You need to post the Adobe ID that shows in a private message so that person may be banned

For example... this is you https://community.adobe.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/23950319

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Log-in to your Adobe account below.  Assuming you registered your product initially, the serial number should be on file.

https://account.adobe.com/products

Migrating old programs rarely works.  You should always use the installation disks or downloads you received at purchase.  The installation routine makes essential changes to upper level system files so you can continue using the software.

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you lost your serial number and instalLation disks, unfortunately you're out of luck.  Creative Suite is no longer legally sold by any vendor, retailer or country.

OTHER OPTIONS:
Photoshop Elements or Premier Elements (approx $100, no subscription needed).
https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements.html

Creative Cloud Photography Plan (approx $10/month for 12 months). Includes the following:
- Photoshop CC and Photoshop on iPad
- Lightroom on desktop, mobile and the web
- Lightroom Classic
- Portfolio website + hosting
- Spark with premium features
- Bridge
- 20 GB cloud storage (upgradable to 1 TB).
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines