• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

photoshop CS6 instalation [on macOS Monterey]

Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello community, i kindly ask for A help. i need to instal  Photoshop CS6  from a CD. I purchased a perpetual license few years ago.

unfortunately.. i cant finish installation due to incompatibility with the OS.

....it says

"The developer of this app needs to update it to work with this version of macOS. Contact the developer for more information."

of course, the developer didn t help.

does somebody have any good tip, how to do it???

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CS6 is far too old for Catalina or later. You need to catch up, since you chose a new system. Photography Plan, about $10 a month with yearly commitment. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for your reply. I just don't see any big upgrade or new amazing tool which convince me to buy the cloud version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have before Catalina you MAY be able to install

Apple did not maintain backward compatibility, so try this to install old programs
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/install-creative-suite-mac-os-sierra.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you a lot for your reply. I have the latest Mac OS Monterey, and I find installing an older version of OS quite degrading.

is there another way, how to make an installation of CS6 to the newest OS?

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS5 and CS6 are on life support. But they can still be activated providing you have the following:
1. your original media (disks or downloads) you received at purchase and a way to read them,
2. a legitimate serial number for that version, language and platform (Win/Mac) and if it was an upgrade, a qualifying serial number from an older product,
3. an older operating system that can support legacy 32-bit apps.

NOTE 1 : Creative Suite installers won't work on macOS Sierra, High Sierra or Mojave without terminal workarounds. See the help article below.
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/install-creative-suite-mac-os-sierra.html

NOTE 2: Legacy Creative Suite will never run on Catalina, Big Sur or Monterey. Only the latest Creative Cloud products are compatible.

=============
Beware of fake Adobe reps who may contact you privately offering to sell you software or take control of your computer. It's a scam, run away! Real Adobe employees will never reach out via Outlook, Yahoo, Gmail or Skype.
=============
3 Easy Ways to Identify Genuine Adobe Staff
https://tinyurl.com/10791730

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you a lot for your reply. I have the latest Mac OS Monterey and I find it quite degrading to install an older version. is there another way, how to make an installation of CS6 to the newest OS?

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. You say you don't want new features. But you DO WANT the important new feature of "run in new Mac system". This is a lot of costly work for Adobe, why don't people want to pay for this vital work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest Mac OS Monterey and I find it quite degrading to install an older version.

==========

@danielad78482637,

Why?  You're using outdated Creative Suite which is discontinued & unsupported software from 10 years ago.  It hasn't received any updates since  it came out in 2012.   If you're inclined to keep using old software, you could run Parallels virtual machine on Monterey (80 Euros/yr) with an older OS.  Or you could bite the bullet and upgrade to modern software.

Creative Cloud Photography Plan (approx $10/month for 12 months). Includes the following:
- Photoshop CC and Photoshop on iPad
- Lightroom on desktop, mobile and the web
- Lightroom Classic
- Portfolio website + hosting
- Spark with premium features
- Bridge
- 20 GB cloud storage (upgradable to 1 TB).
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography.html

Creative Cloud All Apps (51 + apps & services) and Single Apps Plans
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

=============
Beware of fake Adobe reps who may contact you privately offering to sell you software or take control of your computer. It's a scam, run away! Real Adobe employees will never reach out via Outlook, Yahoo, Gmail or Skype.
=============
3 Easy Ways to Identify Genuine Adobe Staff
https://tinyurl.com/10791730

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm tired of reading these kinds of replies. You personally don't mean to be arrogant, you are just parotting the arrogance of Adobe as a service to them and don't realize it. And while most of their arrogance I could live with because it was about the quality of their products, I cannot live with it in regards to issues like this.

You assume that the only thing most people want to use is Photoshop and Lightroom, as if all they could want to work with are photos, and if they want to work with any other kind of graphic then they must be graphic design professionals and will have to pay out the nose for it. Well I heavily use Photoshop and Illustrator and do a lot of graphic design as a hobby, not as an income producing career. And it is a serious hobby so I invested in serious software to make it more enjoyable. I said "investment", and that should mean something. The cost of the monthly access for what my creative suite already has is just way too much for me. I have perfectly good programs that I paid an extremely premium price for years ago. So what if it is 10-years old? You speak of that derisionally as if we are lesser human beings scrounging in the gutters while the superior people use "modern software" and walk along gold plated streets. LOL, I'm sorry, but the Creative Suites are so good, they will always be modern in any era or year. It's foolish to talk that way about them. They work beautifully and for way longer than 10 years! They always have. And they should for what we paid for them! These are not frivilous little apps that are meant to become outdated in a few short years, created by a handful of indie developers. My professional suite certainly is not in that category, and they were and are a very valuable investment to me. Heck I still drive a car that is 20 years old! But I took care of it and it runs better than my son's car that is only 5 years old. It still looks good too. It was one of the most expensive cars 20 years ago and I paid a premium for its quality, so I expect to be able to drive it at least another 20 years too! If it looks great and runs like a dream, why not? 

Being forced to have to switch and pay monthly subscriptions for something I already have and already paid for, way more than this monthly fee too, is something I refuse to ever support. Ever. The ugly truth is that CS6 is a 64-bit app and it was never a costly or overly involved process to make the modifications needed to allow it to run on the latest operating systems and get around any 32-bit helper programs that CS6 may call. My degree is in programming, and I know what it takes, and it's not as much as you want people to think. The amount of time it would take to allow continued use of the programs on the newer OS at minium with no other kinds of updates or support is time we already paid for when you asked for such a nose-bleed, premium price to begin with. It is the cost of doing business. The kind of incompatibility that keeps getting spun by Adobe and Apple is nothing less than a scam to force everyone into an era of subscriptions, and expensive ones at that unless all you care about is photos.

There would have been no harm in allowing Creative Suites to still run on the latest systems, and it would have saved Adobe a hoards of customers and future business who have since performed a max Exodus and lost their long held loyalty to the brand. They were never going to do the subscriptions no matter what you did, and Lord knows you threw your worse at them and it made no difference, so why not salvage your relationship with them now and in the future for the things they will be interested in paying for and let them still use their 10-year old CS app on the newer Mac OS systems? Instead you have turned your backs on all of them unless they pay more, angered them with greed, and shot yourself in the foot for future business. If we were talking about CS4 or something on a fully 32-bit architecture, then I could understand. And that is where Adobe made their biggest mistake, by trying to take advantage of the lack of programming knowledge of many of their users to make it appear as if CS6 were a fully 32-bit architecture incapable of running in a 64-bit architecture when it is not, and to make it appear as if the chore and hours involved to modify the code that wants to call 32-bit helper programs was way too expensive and we shouldn't expect them to work for nothing. These things just aren't true. We aren't getting it for nothing. We paid out the nose almost 50x the price of competitor programs when we chose Adobe Creative Suite products, and while we don't expect unending improvements, updates, and telephone support, at that cost we do expect at the very least that we can continue to use our programs on the latest operating systems if we choose to, without any new bells and whistles new releases of Adobe products may have, and without any technical support for how to use the suite. But it should at the very least run, and yes, indefinitely when possible. This was very, very possible. It's not like it has been 60 years.

I will be creating a dual boot system that allows me to continue to use my Mojave OS and CS6, I will be keeping my older macbook pro with Yosemite rather than selling it, which also has my CS6 installed on it, and I will never, ever purchase another Adobe product again, sadly. There are too many competitors today that actually have decent programs now for a sliver of the cost, and they are only gettting better and better, so it was a really bad time for Adobe to make decisions like this. While I won't forego my CS6 programs for any of them, anything new that I may want will definitely be a non-Adobe brand. A message has to be sent and we send that message with our pocket books. Throw away your loyalty to your customers who have been so loyal to you? Who have shelled out so much money to support you to begin with all these years? Who are partially responsible for your present success? And you will lose their business forever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are blaming Adobe for Apple's decision to NOT maintain backward compatibility with old programs in new operating systems

Adobe is not going to go back and do a rewrite of a 10+ year old program to make it run on Apple's new and incompatible operating system

Apple is at fault here, not Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Just-Juju,

I'm sorry to be the one to say this but loyal customers purchase upgrades. You haven't upgraded in a decade.  As such, you are a former Adobe customer.  And loitering is not loyalty. 

You've enjoyed CS6 well beyond it's 3-5 year shelf-life.  For your sake, I hope the CS6 activation servers remain operational for a while longer.  Good luck with that and your virtual machine. 

Confucius said:  "Better to light a candle than curse the darkness."  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rants are not helpful. And FWIW, there are a lot of things wrong with this world. Paying for software is not high on my list of those things. If you want to keep using CS6, keep an older machine with an old (no longer supported) version of OS X.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"we do expect at the very least that we can continue to use our programs on the latest operating systems"

Backward compatibility just cripples new development and causes many more problems than it fixes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote Heck I still drive a car that is 20 years old! ...so I expect to be able to drive it at least another 20 years too!

=======

Spoiler alert:  Gas-powered vehicles will be banned in 2035. 

Retrofitting a gas-guzzler to zero emissions will likely cost more than the car is worth.  So unless you're currently driving a Tesla, I'm guessing you'll have to pony up for a different vehicle or rely on Uber/Lyft to get you where you want to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2022 Jan 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Just-Juju,

I agree this unfairly puts the blame at Adobe's feet for actions taken expressly by Apple to remove all 32-bit support and render old EOL software incompatible on new macOS systems.

The solution, at least on Mac, is to continue to run the platform the software was built for 10 years ago. It sounds like that's what you're doing. On Windows, by contrast, you may be able to use Compatibility Mode instead.

Lastly, your supposition is flawed in that almost all of the creative tools in the CS6 suite were in fact built as native 32-bit applications – it wasn't just the "helper" or installation utilities... The only exceptions which were native 64-bit apps on both operating systems were Premiere Pro, After Effects, and Speedgrade:

All of these trials are supported on Mac OS X or Windows (32-bit x86 and 64-bit x64), with the exception of After Effects CS6, Premiere Pro CS6, and SpeedGrade CS6 which are 64-bit only. For more, see the complete set of system requirements for Creative Suite 6.

Meaning, for the vast majority of CS6 tools like Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Flash Pro, Acrobat, Audition, etc, the assertion that "the ugly truth is that CS6 is a 64-bit app and not a fully 32-bit architecture" is untrue.

It was only much later that all of the Creative Cloud desktop applications had evolved to be fully 64-bit everywhere and could run on macOS Catalina and beyond.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines