• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS6 installer fails to initialize

New Here ,
May 07, 2012 May 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After downloading the Mac version of Photoshop CS6 using Download Assistant, I attempted to install it as a trial. When I launch the Photoshop CS6 install app, it comes back with "We've encountered the following issues -- installer failed to initialize." It suggested Adobe Support Advisor be downloaded to detect the problem. I downloaded and ran that. It comes back with "Inspection could not identify any issues. Please contact Adobe Support for further assistance." So here I am...

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 21, 2012 May 21, 2012

Rob-ART your next step would be to review the PDApp.log if your installer is failing to initialize.  You can find details on how to review this in Troubleshoot with install logs | CS5, CS5.5, CS6 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/troubleshoot-install-logs-cs5-cs5.html#main_Analyze_the_Creative_Suite_5_PDapp_log.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The below link is the best and easiest solution of the above issue.

[Solved]We've encountered the following issues. Installer failed to initialize - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those of you whom none of those options worked, here is one that actually worked for me: [Solved]We've encountered the following issues. Installer failed to initialize - YouTube

And when it finished, my terminal app said this:

PDApp[3675] <Error>: The function ‘CGFontSetShouldUseMulticache’ is obsolete and will be removed in an upcoming update. Unfortunately, this application, or a library it uses, is using this obsolete function, and is thereby contributing to an overall degradation of system performance.

So, this is apparently why it wasn't working for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2022 Apr 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One other possibility, if installing Creative Suite on macOS 10.12 (Sierra), macOS 10.13 (High Sierra), or macOS 10.14 (Mojave) – see this help page:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/install-creative-suite-mac-os-sierra.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

10 year old topic locked.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No need to lock it. Someone posted on my website yesterday about this same message and issue... It's still happening to some customers, so I shared another suggestion which could be helpful.

Yes, the topic is 10 years old, but so is CS6 – and this thread is now up to 278K views.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines