Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS6, non Creative Cloud, keeps asking me to register

Guide ,
Jul 02, 2012 Jul 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rogier,

My apologies for not saying that mine is a 'straight' versoin not a cloud version.  And also I am running on Win x64.

Don.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jun 06, 2016 Jun 06, 2016

Hi,

I had the same problem and the way I solved it was by starting Photoshop as an administrator (not just running it under an administrator account, actually right-clicking it and selecting "Run as administrator"). Then I did the registration and it worked, it never again asked for registration.

Hope it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2013 Feb 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I had this problem it just happened every time I started using Photoshop CS6, not any of the other CS6 suite. At first I just closed the message window by the top corner button and on the second smaller window prompt just said 'No' and it let me carry on. Finally I responded when I got tired of having the prompts by re-entering the serial no for the third or fourth time, since then, touch wood, no further invasions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2013 Feb 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that applying the upgrade to 13.0.4 fixed this issue for me on the Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 02, 2015 Jan 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is such BS.  Just admit you have no idea what is wrong and why and move on.  This problem is happening to thousands of Cloud and non-Cloud users of various versions of PS (mine is CS6) running different OS and thousands of different computer makes and models and the standard response is "Create a new Administrator account."   My car won't stop when I press the brake pedal. Really? Then change the headlight bulb and let me know if that fixes the problem.  A little far-fetched? No more so than solutions deleting cache files and creating new accounts.  (and in case you're not reading the answers coming back to you, those solutions DO NOT WORK).  Adobe, with it's thousands of engineers and hundreds of software programs can't fix one simple issue with which they know is a problem.  We're not making this stuff up just to annoy Adobe. I pay good money every month to Adobe, along with the money I paid for retail versions of several Adobe products (along with hundreds of thousands of other users who have turned Adobe management into billionaires) and you can't solve one stupid known, recurring problem.  This is ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2015 Apr 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ed Speaks for me as well.  We've had this problem for over a year with no resolution in place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2016 Jun 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I had the same problem and the way I solved it was by starting Photoshop as an administrator (not just running it under an administrator account, actually right-clicking it and selecting "Run as administrator"). Then I did the registration and it worked, it never again asked for registration.

Hope it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2012 Oct 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I called and talked to the tech at adobe he said that my New PC was showing up with 2 diffrent machine ID's so he told me it was a OS issue   I am on Windows 7, Called DELL and they took control of my PC and after checking out everything said that Adobe was Confused he called adobe but after waiting for 1 1/2 hours after it said it would only take 15 min s   we just hung up on adobe tech. I hope that Adobe can fix this soon or at least send out replacement software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 01, 2012 Oct 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is entirely possible that it maybe an OS issue.  We are looking at a possible failure of the Windows Management Instrumentation.  Our engineering teams are working directly with a customer to see what possible solutions that can be implemented.  I have also been working directly with several customers as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2012 Sep 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jeff.

I am experiencing the same issue as Kongotech and the others.  Have you found any type of resolution?

Thanks,

Lit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 29, 2012 Sep 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are still investigating these issues.  Please contact our support team as discussed in message #22.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 07, 2017 May 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The "Run as Admin" did not work for me.

Had this happen to me yesterday.  Looked through the forums, with no real answer.  I was able to get assist from Adobe.  Here is my recollection of what eventually got it working.  I am not 100% certain, since they took over my computer and removed some folders, but here is what I have for Win10 (and what matches in my recycle bin).

- Close CS6 applications.

-Then  launch Task Manager, click on Process tab. Then locate these processes and end all one by one.

- AdobeDesktopServices.exe,  Creative Cloud.exe,  CCLibrary.exe,  CoreSync.exe,  Adobe CEF Helper.exe,  AdobeIPCBroker.exe,  AdobeUpdateServices.exe, CCXProcess.exe, and Adobe Genuine Software Integrity service.

{Note, the AdobeIPCBroker task kept restarting on me}

-Press windows + R key on your keyboard [ This will open RUN window ] > Type %localappdata%  > Press Enter > Then open Adobe folder > Locate and delete AAMupdater and OOBE folder.

- He then went to my Local Disk/ProgramData/Adobe folder and renamed the "SL Store" folder to "SL Store.old" which implies he did not want to fully delete it, but wanted it removed from the boot path.

- Launch a CS6 app.  I was shown a dialog box stating my free 30 trial had started, but there was an option to 'Register Now' (or something like that).  I could then click on that button and type in my CS6 serial number and then use my CS6 app.

Pauley

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines