• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS6 upgrade to Photoshop 13 - installation issue

Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to update my CS6 to 13 as per advise from Adobe help desk. Unfortunately I got stuck right at the end,  as the installer encountered a problem. Installer failed to initialize. Please download Adobe Support Advisor.

If only it would be easy. I can't find the download and the link sent to me by the help desk tells me that I want to install non genuine software.

I am getting really frustrated now, after spending hours to get Photoshop working again.
Any help is appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you do excatly? 

What do you mean with "... to 13". To which version do you try to update?

Which operationg system do you use?

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using mac OS 10.13.6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't answer all of my questions.

As others in this thread have said, CS6 and 13 are the same.

So the question is what you've try to do and why?

Please give us more detailed informations.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, you are correct.

I tried to open CS6 on my mac after not using it for a long time. It did not open and I was told by the Adobe chat helpdesk to deinstall CS6 and download version 13. I did that, but can't install it - as I need to download the support advisor to detect the problem.

I can't find that download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The version MacOS version 10.7 is officially the last version of Mac OS that's compatible with Adobe CS6, see: Adobe Creative Suite 6 system requirements.

CS6 is a very old software and is not tested it on any of the latest operating systems post-Mac OS 10.7. It can be worked or not. I think you may also have compatibility issues.

See also: https://community.adobe.com/t5/download-install/re-installer-failed-to-initialize-please-download-ad...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They (edit: meaning »Adobe«) switched to CS after Photoshop 7 so isn’t Photoshop CS6 Photoshop 13? 

»I tried to update my CS6 to 13 as per advise from Adobe help desk.«

What exactly was the problem you were trying to solve? 

Are you trying to transfer your license to a new computer, drive, …? 

And it seems peculiar that the help desk would even provide advice about an obsolete Photoshop version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jens15B9 wrote:

I tried to update my CS6 to 13 as per advise from Adobe help desk.

Can we ask how you contacted Adobe Customer Care (not "Adobe Help Desk")?

https://community.adobe.com/t5/creative-cloud-services/how-to-contact-adobe-support/td-p/11875703 
(or send a tweet to @AdobeCare)

As others have said, CS6 and 13 are the same, so we need to confirm you were actually talking to Adobe.

the help desk tells me that I want to install non genuine software.

Scammers purporting to be Adobe will sell pirated software.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did contact Adobe online chat. They tried to support, but referred me to the support community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to the download and Install forum, from the Photoshop forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did post on Download & Install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

CS6 is on life support. But it can still be installed & activated providing you have the following:
1. your original media (disks or downloads) that you received at purchase and a way to read them,
2. a legitimate serial number for that version, language and platform (Win/Mac) and if it was an upgrade, a qualifying serial number from an older product,
3. an older operating system that can support legacy 32-bit apps.

NOTE 1 : Creative Suite installers won't work on macOS Sierra, High Sierra or Mojave without terminal workarounds. See the help article below.
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/install-creative-suite-mac-os-sierra.html

NOTE 2: Legacy Creative Suite is discontinued & unsupported. Use at your own risk.

That said, Photoshop CS6 (May 7, 2012)

• The last update for Photoshop CS6 was 13.0.6 (macOS) | 13.0.1.3 (Windows) for perpetual/boxed licensed product.
  • There was a 13.1.2 (macOS/Windows) for Creative Cloud members only.
  • The most current update of Adobe Camera Raw for Photoshop CS6 is 9.1.1

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines