• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements Invalid Serial Number

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2016 Aug 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HELP!  I am trying to move Elements 8 to my new PC.  I deactivated it on my old PC but when trying to put my serial number in it is saying that it's invalid.  I had the CD but can't find it and do not have a cd drive on the new PC anyway.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 23, 2016 Aug 23, 2016
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2016 Aug 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help. I verified that it is the same language (I did this with support yesterday). 

I found another thread with the same symptoms and that person was not able to resolve until he reinstalled using the original Adobe CD.  So I'll remove all records of the software installation and reinstall using my original.  Wish me luck and have a good day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, I just wanted to confirm the the invalid serial number problem went away only after I installed from the original CD.  Every other option listed in the Forums and by calling support did not work.  I have Elements Version 7.

This is what I did:

-Uninstalled the downloaded version of Elements

-Used the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner

-Used the free version of CC Cleaner to further clean the registry

-Installed from the CD

By the way, I noticed that the validation procedure is different when initiated via the CD, which suggests the source of the difference.  So, if anyone has this problem with older software, I would suggest you install from the original CD (hope you happen to still have it).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines