Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

photoshop error while extracting

Dec 07, 2011 Dec 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi i have an issue with photoshop tried downloading tthe trial version three times wasting 960mb each time.

i get an error msg ERROR EXTRACTING THE PRODUCT INSTALLER (ERROR 101) CHECK FOR AVAILIABLE DISK SPACE ON YOUR SYSTEM AND TRY DOWNLOADING AGAIN

i have a new computer & need basic instructions on how to fix the problem any answers?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 07, 2011 Dec 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rebeccasmitt you are correct the error is indicating you do not have enough disc space.  Which version of Photoshop are you attempting to install?  Photoshop CS5 or Photoshop CS5 Extended?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 09, 2011 Dec 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi photoshop CS5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 10, 2011 Dec 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much free disk space do you have available?  Just to install we require at least 1 gigabyte of disk space.  So I would recommend at least 3 to 5 gigabytes of free disk space in order to install.  Please let me know which operating system you are using if you have questions on how to check how much free disk space you have available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2011 Dec 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not to rob this thread, but i am having the same issue with Photoshop elements 10 that I purchased yesterday.  I have well over 200 GB of space available.  I have downloaded the software everyway I know how but get the same error.  Please help!!

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2011 Dec 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Owwb can you please list the steps you have tried so I can best determine what to advise you to try next?  You mentioned you have tried downloading it everywhere.  Can you please list those locations?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff

I purchased and downloaded both Photoshop Elements 10 and Premiere Elements 10 on Sunday afternoon from Adobe's web site.  I used the default downloader.  The download seemed to go well.  Once the files were saved on my hard drive, I double clicked on the .exe file that was downloaded for PSE 10.  The .exe asked where i wanted to extract the files and i selected the default location.  The extraction routine ran and when it got to 100% I got an error stating that I needed to check the available space on my hard drive or check that I have administrative rights.  I have administrative rights and my hard drive has over 200 GB of free space.  I then downloaded the same files bypassing adobe's downloader and just saved the files directly to my hard drive.  Same result.  Yesterday, I downloaded the trial version, hoping it would give different results to no avail.  I have successfully installed Premiere Elements 10 that was downloaded ath the same time as PSE 10.  it appears that the extraction is not working properly as most of the files extracted have 0 kb in them.

Thanks for your help,

dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Owwb, it sounds like you have already completed many of the solutions offered in I can't download a purchased product from the Adobe.com Store.  I would still recommend you try switching to a wired connect as well as trying a different web browser to initiate your download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff

I will try downloading it my office and installing it there.  I'll let you know how it turns out.

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok a whole new network and computer certainly eliminates a lot of variables.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that worked like a charm!!  Downloaded the file at work, installed trial on work computer, transfered dowloaded files to laptop and installed.  (edit: must have been something wrong with my home wireless network) Thanks for your help Jeff.

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are more than welcome Owwb.  I am happy to hear you were able to get the software downloaded successfully!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 17, 2011 Dec 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi i have 383gb of 443gb free

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 19, 2011 Dec 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent Rebeccasmitt!  Have you tried the steps listed in I can't download a purchased product from the Adobe.com Store?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines