• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

photoshop.exe has disappeared from my computer

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2016 Feb 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 Pro, Surface Pro 3. I have a fully licensed (perpetual) version of PSCS6 + various plug-ins, etc.

About once every 3 months I start PS CS6 and I get some sort of notice about "Your Trial version" (is about to expire, etc.). I believe the last time this happened, Chat was still available and was quite helpful. I believe a register key was involved.. Obviously, Adobe surreptitiously from time to time changes some configuration parameter, so when PS is launched, it behaves as a trial version. I assume this is an effort to switch the user from a perpetual to a CC license. It is a cheesy and unethical tactic IMHO.

I launched PS today and there is a new wrinkle.The PS shortcut launches a sign-in to CC. The dialog has the caption "Photoshop CS6 Extended." There is a paragraph headed "Terms and conditions for trial software".This is a new wrinkle.

I checked the target for the PS shortcut. It is ""C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6 (64 Bit)\Photoshop.exe"" But there is no "Photoshop.exe" anywhere on my C Drive, according to a Windows Explorer search. Obviously in the 2 days since I last used PS, the executable has literally been removed from my machine. Whoever removed the executable obviously configured the machine to launch the CC dialog..

So my first question is how do I get back my original licensed executable and properly configured plug-ins, brushes, actions, etc

My second question is how do I get an assurance from Adobe that is not going to mess with the licensed executable again?

Thanks very much.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 23, 2016 Feb 23, 2016

reinstall your ps cs6.

Downloadable installation files available:

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2016 Feb 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

reinstall your ps cs6.

Downloadable installation files available:

Download and installation help for Adobe links

Download and installation help for Prodesigntools links are listed on most linked pages.  They are critical; especially steps 1, 2 and 3.  If you click a link that does not have those steps listed, open a second window using the Lightroom 3 link to see those 'Important Instructions'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2016 Feb 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kglad::

Thank-you very much for you prompt reply. I downloaded the installer from the link you provided. I was expecting that after I reinstalled CS6 I would then have to reinstall my plugins, brushes, actions, etc. But when I ran the installer, everything was back to normal. The shortcut still had my current jumplists, and not only were all my plug-ins, etc. back, but the foreground color was set to a custom color I had used for something on the last image I processed, at least a week ago.

This is the strangest experience I have had with any software. Not sure how or why this all happened, but I have a much higher opinion of Adobe now.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2016 Feb 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines