• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop won't install

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i had Photoshop CC, Illustrator and Rush all installed on my laptop. I unsinstalled them all 30 minutes ago attempting to install the on an external hard drive. That didnt work! So i decided to reinstall Photoshop on my Laptop (lenovo Ideapad S340). Now its saying not enough space after i literally just had it on my laptop. Ive tried changing the location on my laptop and nothing works. This makes no sense, I have 8GB of space available. Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think 8gig is enough for the download & install process... move data files to your external and try again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even if you manage to install it, you will soon run into performance issues because of insufficient hard drive space for Windows updates and system and temp files.

It's time for a larger internal drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i had Photoshop CC, Illustrator and Rush all installed on my laptop. I unsinstalled them all 30 minutes ago attempting to install the on an external hard drive. That didnt work! ...

By @susant81513045

Why didn't it work? Do you got an error message?

Do you tried to install it in the root path?

This doesn't work. You can install Adobe apps only in an sub folder.

How to change the install location of your Creative Cloud apps (adobe.com)

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

While they may have installed ok in the past, I suspect you had more than enough room to install at the time.  If you add up the complete installation of those programs, you need: 4GB (Photoshop), 2GB (lliustrator), 8GB for Premiere Rush.  So that is 14GB.  Can you move your working files to your external disc to free up space to keep the apps on the HDD?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines