• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Plusnet authentication problem

Explorer ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone else who uses Plusnet for ISP having problems openign Adobe applications?  I can login to my account through a webpage but when Creative Cloud tries to open and links to an authenticaiton wepage https://ims-na1.adobelogin.com/ it doesn't work. This appears to be a Plusnet specific problem. I have two Plusnet accounts in different locations and neither of them work. I cannto open Acrobat Reader or Lightroom etc without being able to authenticate my account. Plusnet doesnt seem to undestand the problem is is at a loss.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

It would appear that I have finally - after about a week - solved this problem. Only by a good search around the internet and trying something that I really didn't understand. Someone on the Plusnet forum suggested adding a few DNS codes (no idea what these are). Hopefully this may help anyone else with this obscure problem. So on an iOS system:

System Preferences>Network (click the padlock to unlock if needed)>WiFi>Advanced>DNS>click + to add DNS server and add 212.159.13.49, click + again to ad

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly my experience, except that I spent about a week with Adobe people examining my computer. Then plusnet tried to help, ran a check on my router and then the internet connection failed. Still waiting two weeks later for Openreach to fix the fault. What a disaster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Sally! I've been struggling with this for over a week (iMAc late 2013, Catalina 10.15.7, Plusnet) and this fixed it where nothing else I had tried had worked! Amazing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2022 Jun 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked so easily, it's ridiculous, I re-installed everything almost 10 times before applying this solution 🙂 Thanks Sally

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2022 Jul 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Big THANK YOU Sally. I had this problem with Plusnet and after hours of investigation and the loss of 30,000 hairs I tried your solution on my Mac. Works a treat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WOOOOW! I spent 10+ hours on the phone with Adobe back in May, no one was able (or could be bothered) to help. After many of them telling me they'll call back and never receiving any calls back or any help I had given up... and now...! I thought that light be plusnet, called them, again a few hours later no progress... and ten mn ago I found your post and guess what!! IT S WORKING!!! Thank you so so much Sally for sharing this !!! You are a life saver . Many thanks!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2022 Aug 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my goodness, Sally, thank you SO MUCH! I spent hours on fruitless chats and tests with Adobe support, and haven't been able to log in to Adobe.com, CC app or fonts since. Hugely grateful to you for sharing this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me to - unbelievable relief as I was getting nowhere! Thank you so much for posting this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I just tried this and it worked. Been on remote support for over an hour with him controlling my computer and bless him he tried everything, nothing worked, only conclusion he could come to was it's either malware, firewall, or the fact I needed to upgrade to Catalina. I happened on this thread by chance and tried it and IT WORKED. I can finally log in to the website too. Weirdly, I could on my iPhone, just not on my iMac. Thank you so SO much! Bloody Plusnet!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2022 Sep 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Worked for me too - after about 4 days of troubleshooting!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for posting this. I also have Plusnet and have been trying to figure this out for a week with various operators from adobe and apple. The solution you posted worked straight away. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. I had spent over 8 hours on various calls with the Adobe Care Team who kept just cleaning and re-installing my CC app.  They absolutely refused to believe it was just the Adobe servers I was having a problem connecting to.  I've still not had an adequate explanation as to why this happens.  

Just to clarify my issue for those that it might help

- I can't connect to the Adobe Verification Server (so CC just hangs), or log into my Adobe account through a browser.  If you try to troubleshoot using this page https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html. you can't see the 2 logos it suggests you try to access.  Just to confirm, there are no other webpages or services I can't access, so its not a browser connection issue.

- First of all the Adobe Team suggested it was because I was running OS 12.1 and not the latest 12.4.  That is not the issue.

- They then insisted it must be a firewall/connection issue. I have called Plusnet they contend there are no Firewalls or restrictions in place that would prevent a connection to Adobe.

- I can see the logos and connect to Adobe using a Windows 10 machine, so it is obviously not a router issue, it is only a Mac issue.

- This was then sent to a 'higher team', (and after a few emails rebutting their suggestions it must be a firewall issue..), they eventually suggested I change my DNS settings to a CISCO DNS server.  This worked an I can now connect.  I'm not sure I consider this 'fixed' through, this is just a work-around.

My router had automatically set my DNS setting to connect to the router.  The router then uses the Plusnet DNS server 212.159.6.9 to resolve the DNS requests.  Interestingly, if I just add the Plusnet DNS server 212.159.6.9 directly into my Mac network settings, this also works, so there is oviously an issue between Adobe and getting the DNS server via a Plusnet router.  It does suggest a problem with the router, but how come I can connect with our Windows 10 machine just fine?

For those that would want to know - this was the solution from Adobe:

1. From the Apple menu, select System Preferences. The window shown below appears.
  2. 1. Click Network. The window shown below appears.
  3. 2. Select a network interface from the sidebar.
  4. 3. Click Advanced.
  5. 4. Click the DNS tab. ...
  6. 5. Click the + button to add a new DNS server.
  1. 5. Click OK.
  2. 6. Click Apply.

(or in my case I just added the Plusnet DNS 212.159.6.9 server)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a problem which seems only to be affecting those who use a Mac and Plusnet. Probably too few for Plusnet to be bothered to work out how to resolve it. I raised an issue with them but it got me nowhere. I also Tweeted it to no avail. https://twitter.com/sallyanderson16/status/1535340954349195265?s=21&t=KqX6fkHYcHs_uv-PJRcPsQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2022 Jul 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for this. It has resolved the prob;em for me too. After trying everything else I thought I'd have to cancel my adobe subscription and move to Capture One. I've downloaded the 30 day trial and giving it a try. Early days but I think I may prefer it to Lightroom. I would probably not have tried it had I had not had this issue with Adobe /Plusnet.

Either way this has resolved my Adobe issue so i'll decide which one to go with after I've explored captue one a bit more.

Thanks once again Sally for resolving and posting this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the same issue and thanks to you now sorted!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2022 Jul 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou! I've spent the last couple of weeks trying to work this out and then giving up after trying everything each time. Been through so many suggested paths included uninstalling/reinstalling etc. 

Running macbook pro, with 10.15.7 and full adobe suite. 

Whenever I tried to load any of the adob pages it would just freeze/crash or come up with a page that says: 

ims-na1.adobelogin.com’s server IP address could not be found.

The creative cloud desktop app would also not connect. Not sure if this will fix my ongoing adobe issues with the other apps / sluggish use and aftereffects not saving at all - but possibly they just couldn't connect. 
I realised something was odd when I was thethered to my phone at home and could load creative cloud desktop app fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh man, this seems to have solve months of hair pulling, forum hunting and generally losing the will to live. I only started to connect the dots with After Effects not Saving, Importing or Autosaving with the Creative Cloud App connection issues a couple of weeks back, after assuming it was merely AE and Mac settings related. SOooooooo frustrating, hours of lost work and lost time. I narrowed it down to a possible router issue when Hotspotting worked, resetting the router seemed to let the web pages load but not solve the CC App or AE problem. Fingers crossed adding the DNS Server you've listed seems to have worked so far.  I'm a professional Freelance Animator, this issue has had a massive impact on my work. Thanks (hopeful anticipation it continues to work and Adobe or PlusNet don's screw things up again.) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines