• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premier Elements 9 Activation Limit Reached

New Here ,
May 01, 2024 May 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting an "Activation Limit Reached" error when trying to open my Premier Elements 9 program.

I bought this program outright in 2010 and have been using it sucessfully since then.

Suddenly 2 weeks ago I started getting this error, even though I have been using this program on this computer for the last 5 years.

How do I get past this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have it installed on any other computers?

Did you change any hardware recently?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes i have it on my laptop as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you change any hardware recently?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

added an extra Monitor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2024 May 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

added an extra Monitor

By @Alan37102637t24d

Hardware meaning something inside your computer, not an external device. Such as did you replace internal components ranging from a hard drives, memory, processor, motherboard, etc. Did you ever move from a previous computer and de-activate and uninstall before switching computers?

You can try reaching out to Adobe support via their chatbot or X to see if they can help you out. But from a Creative Cloud perspective they stopped resetting activation counts on the old software (CS6 and prior) as of this year and I suspect that it may be a similar case for a 14 year old version of Premiere Elements. Adobe does offer upgrade pricing, but I'm not sure how old that is allowed so you may want to confirm that as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

an extra monitor shouldn't trigger the problem.  on the other hand, if you added a 2nd video card, that might.

and contacting adobe support will not help.  they do not support software that old.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alan, sorry you are encountering problems activating Photoshop Elements 9. If you have exceeded the amount of allowable activations, then please deactivate the software on another computer where Photoshop Elements 9 has been installed using the steps listed in https://adobe.ly/4a548G6.  

I would also encourage you to register your copy of Photoshop Elements 9, as I don't see any registered software titles under the account you used to post to this public discussion forum. Please see https://adobe.ly/4dl6tQ1 for steps you can take to register Photoshop Elements 9 on https://adobe.ly/3QnUsPJ. ^JW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a problem with Premier Elements not Photoshop Elements 9!!

Regards,

Alan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2024 May 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same answers for all serialized adobe software, if you have the same problem.  ie, if you're seeing an excess activation count message, you must deactivate (open app>click help>deactivate) using the device on which the app was previously activated.

if you no longer have access to any device where the app was activated, you cannot deactivate it and therefore (if you see an excess activation count message) cannot reactivate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 03, 2024 May 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Alan37102637t24d , neither Premiere Elements 9 nor Photoshop Elements 9 are registered under your account. I recommend you start by first registering the software https://adobe.ly/4dl6tQ1 and see if you encounter any additional errors. Registering the software will also give you access to a fresh copy of the installation files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Download and Install forum so that proper help can be offered.

Scroll down here to see a list of the forums:
https://community.adobe.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines