• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro & Creative Cloud download

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded Creative Cloud and Premiere Pro then I ran both through virustotal.com and  both got detected as malware but when I used the anti-virus on my pc it didn't detect it as malware. Should I be worried?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is certainly a false positive.

VirusTotal is an aggregating service. It does not produce any verdicts of its own. We'd need to know which specific virus scanners think they detected malware and what the exact error message is. Then report it to the virus scanner vendor themselves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As John noted, it's very likely a false positive. VirusTotal tests a file with multiple virus scanners and if, let's say, only two out of those show a warning, it's safe to assume that those two are in the wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines