• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with installing CS Illustrator. Error 16 Message. I have tried uninstalling and installing. Changed permissions. Nothing works. I get same error

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2016 Feb 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having problems installing Illustrator in CC.  Error 16.  I made numerous attempts.  Installed/Uninstalled.  Changed permission as per Adobe article on Error:16 in AI.  Nothing works.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 23, 2016 Feb 23, 2016

Try below link :

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?step=CCSN_membership-account-payment_account-settings_stillNeedHelp

The link shud provide you chat option , it will get you connected to Adobe Customer Support ,  ask for Technical Support , they can transfer your chat to concerned team .

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 16, 2016 Feb 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please refer Configuration error in Adobe Creative Cloud or Adobe Creative Suite

Hope this will help you.

Regards

Anupriya Khare

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2016 Feb 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried all this. Several times. It still doesn’t work. One thing I note is that even though I unselect the “read only” on Properties, it does not keep the setting. It always goes back to read only.

The images on the settings you sent are not the same as in Windows 10, I think. Some differences, but I think I worked them out. Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 17, 2016 Feb 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are most welcome. Glad to now that your issue is resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2016 Feb 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue was NOT resolved. Same problem and issues. AI will not install on my computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please contact Adobe Support on Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2016 Feb 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link that you provided me only gets me to the Forum. I have exhausted information on the forum and need with chat or phone contact. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2016 Feb 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link you provided only takes me back to the forum.  I need either chat or phone contact.  I tried every suggested solution and none works and can't install. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 21, 2016 Feb 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please contact Adobe Support on Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2016 Feb 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You did not provide a Support Number to call. The link takes me back to the forum. Please provide support number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 22, 2016 Feb 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cnegrete,

Are you signed in using your Adobe ID when accessing the link Anupriya provides? Clicking the blue "Still need help" button should provide with options for chat or phone support in addition to the forum.

Screen Shot 2016-02-22 at 2.10.52 PM.png

If you are still unable to see the chat and phone options, please try clearing the cookies and cache of your browser, or try accessing the link using a different browser.

Best,

Del

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2016 Feb 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The screen shot you sent me is not the same as what appears on my screen. I have logged in and cleared cookies. Only option shown is Forum. I tried two different browsers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 23, 2016 Feb 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try below link :

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?step=CCSN_membership-account-payment_account-settings_stillNeed...

The link shud provide you chat option , it will get you connected to Adobe Customer Support ,  ask for Technical Support , they can transfer your chat to concerned team .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Refer below link and try with steps once :

Re: Persistent Configuration Error 16

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines