• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Creative Cloud desktop app is not loading.

Explorer ,
May 22, 2022 May 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on a brand new Macbook Pro M1 Max and Creative Cloud is regularly doing this. Never had the problem before. The solution offered of "uninstall and re-install" is frankly inadequate, I'm losing far too much time to this. It's a slap in the face to paying customers. We need a reliable cloud service. Adobe please fix.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what do you mean by cc is regularly doing this and "you never had this problem before"?  what do you mean by regularly?  and before what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Three times in the past week, and never in all my experience with CC on
windows and Mac machines, which makes me think it's something to do with
the Intel Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you answered some, but not all the questions.

are you saying 3 times in the past week your cc desktop app failed to load (ie, stuck at the loading cc screen)?  if so, what do you do to get it to load (that then fails some time later)?  and what are you doing that requires your cc app to close? (eg, completely shutting down your computer.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*For Intel read Apple Silicon (M1 Max)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the problem, the app would just spin. You don't get perfect solutions here, you get a very broad mix of quality of response, including asking you to clarify what is pretty clear.

So, in order to help I offer my experience: reinstalling did solve the issue. In your case, with your new hardware machine, search the internet outside this forum for the same problem rather than expecting too much here.

If you watch the company's training channel "Adobe Creative Cloud" on Youtube, you will see even their trainers run into cloud problems and just mutter, ... whoops ... oh now it's back, whoops it's not working etc. and they just keep smiling. You can't feel so bad about "wasted time" when all users have the same problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 29, 2022 May 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply Beachcolonist, I have been searching around in other forums to no avail and unfortunately the error is still happening. I've been using Adobe products since it came on floppies and attended many training seminars since the early 2000's so I am very used to and aware of bugs. Sadly, there seem to be exponentially more as the years go on and I lose more and more time to them.

This seems to be something to do with Adobe Media Encoder. It will crash during a render (stuck on one frame with no progress). I restart the machine, then when I open the project the fonts will not load and Creative Cloud will not connect.

I hope this helps the Adobe folks to find a fix for the next round of updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you're saying your only problem is with ame (and then consequently the cc app), and never the cc app otherwise:

1. uninstall ame (including preferences which you should save if that's important), https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

2. restart your computer

3. open your cc app

4. reset the cc desktop app by making sure it's in the foreground, then press:

Win: Ctrl + Alt + R
Mac: Cmd + Opt + R

5.  reinstall ame.

if there are (even if only occasional) other problems (esp with the cc app), what are they?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kbar, unfortunately when I try to uninstall AME it takes me to the creative cloud app with a message saying "Unable to reach Adobe Servers, please check your firewall settings, ensure that the time settings on your computer are correct, and try again." Another strange 'symptom' of this issue is that Adobe will not let me login to support in any browser on the Mac, I am having to reply here in my phone. It's almost like Adobe is locking my Mac's IP out of the network.  

Current status is CC is not loading, can't login to support on the Mac and cannot uninstall anything. When I try to uninstall any Adobe app it takes me to the error on CC. When I try to uninstall CC it says "Couldn't uninstall creative cloud for desktop. You still have Creative Cloud applications installed on your computer that require it."

I hope someone can help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay an hour and a half after this problem began (today) CC has now loaded. I'm going to reinstall all my apps and will report back if the problem still occurs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

okay, and good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far so good, I also moved the project I was working on off my external SSD in case this was triggering an issue. I'll be back here if it comes up again, but in the meantime thank you all for your help with this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome, and thanks for the follow-up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 04, 2022 Jun 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to say, but I'm back. I have started having the "can't save in After Effects" issue https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-discussions/after-effects-2021-can-t-save-my-project-fi... and after a restart, Creative Cloud is not loading again. I'm going to have to contact Adobe Support about this as I am having to uninstall and reinstall every day at the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

instead of restarting your computer, does resetting the cc app work?

with the cc app in the foreground, press:

Win: Ctrl + Alt + R
Mac: Cmd + Opt + R

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No unfortunately not, I've tried this a few times with no success.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you:

1. create a new desktop folder

2. open ae > create a new project > save to that new desktop folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for checking in kglad. After uninstalling and reinstalling and restarting, I can now save, though CC has stopped loading again. Luckily I'm not using any cloud assets in this project so it won't affect my work today.

If the 'can't save' error comes up again, I'll try what you suggested. Much appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

be cautious about where you're saving. 

there's been (or will be) a recent change in photoshop where save as.. always tries to save to cloud files, not the previously used directory.  i don't know if the ae developers are trying (or going to try) the same change in default behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay thanks. I'm getting the can't save error again but it's resetting every time I repon AE so I seem to have a window of 5-10 minutes before the 'can't save' problem kicks in. I'm working from the desktop at the moment rather than my documents folder.

By hitting save constantly I have a workaround until Monday (when customer services will be open) at least.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you in the usa?  did you type agent in the chat window?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been on the phone with Adobe support a few times now. First they cleared caches, reset workspace and launched Adobe using Terminal. This did not work so I called them back. Then they launched AE using Rosetta (get info, check "Open using Rosetta"). Which worked for a couple of days but the problem is back. Adobe Creative Cloud is also still failing to load most of the time.

I am using a workaround as I don't have time to be on the phone with customer support today with a delivery due. My workaround is saving constantly so I know when it stops working and can quit and relaunch AE. I don't have the time to keep reinstalling CC but luckily the project I'm on at the moment doesn't use any creative cloud fonts.

I'm just so disappointed. Feeling like I should have bought a PC instead of the M1 Max Macbook. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

sorry about all that.

and i know this isn't helpful regarding your issue, but it's a always good idea to save all files with increasing version number appended, eg, for project1.aep save as project1_v000.aep, project1_v001.aep etc.  once you close and (successfully) reopen a version with which you're happy, you can delete all previous versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines