• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Creative Cloud installation failed (error: 702)

Explorer ,
Sep 18, 2022 Sep 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked great for me too! I have had to do it 4 times now though. It seems to happen every couple weeks. Has this happened to anyone else?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've realized it happens every time my mac restarts. Anyone else experiencing this? It's very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

does the solution work every time?  if so, your computer is restoring those file permissions/security profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response! It does end up working, but it takes awhile of dealing with applications crashing/spinning wheel etc. Do you know if there is a way for me to make the file permissions change permanent? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you're using a personal computer (as opposed to a work computer), you should be able require a password to change file permissions and then set your own password.

but this issue seems to be limited to work computers.  is yours a work computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a personal computer that I use for freelance design work. Whatever is going seems to be escalating because the computer keeps shutting down on it's own. I try to do the terminal thing right away, but all of my apps are running slowly or not opening. Adobe apps just crash.  Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh, you have more going on that this adobe error.

what's your os version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought I had made some progress trashing cache files and was able to get a job out to a client and then an hour later had the Adobe Creative Cloud is needed error popped up again. I did the terminal code again. I am on OS 11.4. This started in March of 2022. It looks like it's going to update to 12.6 tonight. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@msage1026 you're seeing an adobe cc is need error that's numbered 702?

can you embed a screenshot of the error message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2022-10-01 at 8.09.27 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same message and it began after the  update Mojave to Catalina and every 3 days same

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@herveR 

for error 702,  if you are using some kind of security profile on a business machine, it seems to mess up the file permissions in the /tmp/ directory.

to resolve, use the following command after logging into TERMINAL.

sudo chmod 1777 /tmp/ 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to remember, but I think I used to get the 702 error when I tried downloading Creative Cloud before I had the terminal code trick. Originally I couldn't download the CC at all after this initial popup error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right now everything is sort of functioning, but getting the spinning wheel with seemingly every small move. Thank you for any help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's not unusual to solve one problem and then encounter a different one.  when that happens we don't want to get stuck dealing with the first problem that's no longer present.  ie, a problem is still present but it's a different one as evidenced by a different error message or different behavior that you can see.

with the message you showed (adobe cc is needed to resolve this problem), go here https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-missing-damaged.html

if that fails, follow solutions 2 and 3 here: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/failed-install-creative-cloud-desktop.html

if you're no longer seeing that error message, but are seeing a spinning wheel in the cc desktop app or the cc app won't open and there is no error messge go here, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-app-doesnt-open.html

if you're seeing a different error message, embed a screenshot of it just like you did a 2 posts before your last post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I have done the first 2 suggestions. I am currently able to use my Adobe applications, but each move I make starts the spinning wheel for 5-10 seconds. I am very frustrated because it's really slowing me down.

Do you if a total factory reset could help? Is that a thing?

Thank you,

Maggie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@msage1026, you see a spinning wheel when doing anything in all the cc applications?

if so, and your computer is not under-powered to run the cc applications:

reset the cc desktop app: make sure it's in the foreground, then press:

Win: Ctrl + Alt + R
Mac: Cmd + Opt + R

if that fails, try to repair
https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-install-stuck.html

if that fails go ahead and uninstall using the correct uninstaller from https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html#sa_src=web-mes... and then reinstall

if that fails, do a clean cc install following each applicable step:

uninstall every cc app including preferences, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

then uninstall the cc desktop app, again using the correct uninstaller, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html#sa_src=web-mes...

clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

check for, and if available, update your os

restart your computer (don't skip this)

reinstall the cc desktop app, https://creativecloud.adobe.com/apps/all/desktop?action=install&source=apps&productId=creative-cloud

if you're unable to download the cc desktop app at this stage, use the "alternative download links" at the bottom of the page at https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Issue, Every 2 to 3 days I have a problem with creative cloud, (Mac Mini 2014, 8 GB Ram, 1 TB including 500 GB free) and this since the transition from Mojave to Catalina, but the problems have increased in frequency from Catalina in Bigsur and more, I don't know who to blame Apple or Adobe at $79 per month where I spend 45 min of re-installation or 45 min, if Adobe cloud does not block, it's a problem of re-installation because there is a error the program and visiblemnet is corrupted and we reinstall and it works for 3 days or it is Monterey which blocks during the installation and the computer restarts, it is extremely frustrating and I am sure that it is Apple or Adobe, they have the information what do they do nothing ..... I remind Adobe I am given for my part $79 per month.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines