• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: CS3 Activation-the solution!

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the reactivation notice for my Dreamweaver CS3 (which I paid for and is sufficient for what I am doing) and I read your recommendations but for anyone who also has Photoshop CS4 on the same computer I would suggest NOT to remove the PCD folder as it will deactivate Photoshop CS4, as well..luckily I checked to see if this would happen if I did remove the PCD folder.

I am getting very angry at Adobe doing this to us...I've paid for this application and this is bordering on illegality in my mind...I am considering consulting legal help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Branching to a new discussion.

Hayesm, I am sorry you faced difficulties with installing Creative Suite 3.  You are correct you should remove all installed Adobe software before removing the cache.db file as discussed in Resolve "temporary activation expired" error for CS3 and Acrobat 8 .

Please update this public forum discussion if you are facing any additional errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why would I want to do that?(remove all Adobe software)...I’ll loose all working Adobe software...this is really not fair...I paid for this software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hayesm you can reinstall any needed Adobe software once Creative Suite 3 is launched and licensed.  Retail installation files are available for download at Adobe software and other downloads .  You can also find your registered serial numbers at http://www.adobe.com/.  For details on how to locate your registered serial number see Find your serial number .

I am sorry Hayesm that this a frustrating experience.  Once the current cache.db file is removed you will then be able to license and use Creative Suite 3 successfully.  You can then safely reinstall, and relicense, any other Adobe purchased software after Creative Suite 3 has launched successfully.

Please also be aware that Acrobat 9 receives it's licensing information from the other Creative Suite 3 software titles.  Please open Photoshop CS3 prior to opening Acrobat as discussed in Resolve "temporary activation expired" error for CS3 and Acrobat 8 .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so does this mean I have to get a new serial number for Photoshop CS4, too, and Adobe Acrobat 8? then download new files for both?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hayesm no there is no need for a new serial number.  Any registered serial numbers will install fine.  I would recommend that you bookmark this discussion to reference when you go through the installation process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Yes, I understand that it will work with Dreamweaver but what will happen to Photoshop CS4 if I follow your suggestion to remove the PCD folder? I’ve noticed that it will be deactivated...do I have to uninstall Photoshop CS4 first and then reinstall it? same with Adobe Acrobat 8 professional? before I install the downloaded file for Dreamweaver CS3 e.g. ADBEDRWVC3_WWE.exe and then reinstall PhotoshopCS4 and Acrobat 8?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry that you are still facing confusion with the process Hayesm.  I will try to simplify it for you in this post.  If you have additional questions then please click on the link to View the Full Discussion in your default web browser.

1. Remove all installed Adobe software
  2. Manually remove the cache.db file as discussed in Resolve "temporary activation expired" error for CS3 and Acrobat 8
  3. Install Creative Suite 3 using the new installation files and serial number
  4. Launch Photoshop CS3
  5. Reinstall Photoshop CS4 and any other purchased Adobe software

If you have only been viewing my responses in your e-mail then you are not able to click on the links to the documents which provide additional information Hayesm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess what I didn’t understand was that the downloaded files contain the entire Creative Suit, not only Dreamweaver CS3...because I don’t have a Creative Suit on my machine only Photoshop CS4 and Dreamweaver CS3 plus Acrobat prof.8... will this be a problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No this will not be a problem Hayesm as long as you follow the order discussed.  If you don't have Photoshop CS3 then please open Dreamweaver CS3 to complete the licensing process.  You can then reinstall any other Adobe software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do I need to use the creative cloud cleaning tool? I do NOT want to have to use creative cloud software later on (I’m not a business and don’t have money to pay monthly fees) and I’m wondering if this will create some sort of code that will make me have to use the cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No Hayesm there is no need to use the CC Cleaner Tool and I have made no mention of the using the CC Cleaner Tool in this discussion.  Please only complete the steps discussed in this public forum discussion. 

You can click on View the Full discussion to see the discussion within your default web browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2019 May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have problem too. I bought a boxed version of Adobe Creative Suite CS3. At the moment, Adobe does not allow me to activate. I am to download the new installer (and this is not a problem ) but these new versions are ONLY in the English version. I bought Polish. Will Adobe release Polish versions? These programs cost a lot of money and I do not want to throw them in the trash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines