• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Exit Code: 176, not installing to network drive

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please note, the page link doesn't contain any information regarding a 176 error (at the time of writing).

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

(Branched out as a new thread)

Hi DScottAngle,

Exit code 176 means "Unable to install on a network drive. Select another install location in your preferences and retry installing."

As you have mentioned you are getting this error, please make sure that the drive where you are trying to install the product is not a network drive.

You may also refer to the following threads where a solution to this error has been given:

Re: Hard drive replacement - can't install any CC apps - Error code 176

Adobe CC thinks my Local Hard Drive is a Network Location

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(Branched out as a new thread)

Hi DScottAngle,

Exit code 176 means "Unable to install on a network drive. Select another install location in your preferences and retry installing."

As you have mentioned you are getting this error, please make sure that the drive where you are trying to install the product is not a network drive.

You may also refer to the following threads where a solution to this error has been given:

Re: Hard drive replacement - can't install any CC apps - Error code 176

Adobe CC thinks my Local Hard Drive is a Network Location

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To fix this you need to change where X:\adobeTemp is being placed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2022 Feb 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HOW do i change where, X:\adobeTemp is being placed ????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HI, 
I have apparently resolved the issue. 

Solution:
So what i did was, I deleted the ADOBE folder from Program Files in C first.  Then I installed Adobe Acrobat Reader (It could be any ADOBE Software, like Illustrator or anything). Once i did that, I tried reinstalling Illustrator and this time it didn't stop at 5%. It just worked easy peasy. 

My Problem:

I was running out of space in C so i CTRL+X ed ADOBE folder form Program files to D. But later created a new partition F and moved the folder there. And for some reason it kept on crashing afterwards. I tried reintsalling Illustrator but It gave me the error 176.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines