• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: I HAVE CS4 AND I CANT ACCESS IT [CS4 Activation Servers are dead] (Branched from old topic)

Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2021 Dec 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not the OP, and this is an old post but here goes:

I for one own early versions of CS, which still work on modern computers. To remove the ability to use said programs because adobe cannot manage to keep a registration/activation server active is ludicrous. I paid for perpetual programs, and can no longer use them on my computer of choice because of this. That on top of Acrobat DS literally force deleting full versions of Acrobat Pro that were bought and paid for.

If a person owns a copy of CS4, Adobe should not be cutting off the use of those programs. Full Stop.

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This was branched & moved to a new topic.

Activation of CS4 is no longer possible because the activation servers for that 13-14 year old product no longer exist.

Creative Cloud takes over when you install it on the same device as legacy Creative Suite. 

Suggest you continue using Creative Cloud and unistall CS4 with the Adobe Cleaner Tool if needed.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The adobe site specifically says that CS4 can no longer be activated because the activation servers were too old.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Merged from an old topic.]

John, CS4 runs perfectly well on modern computers with Windows 10.

To remove the ability to use a product bought and paid for is borderline criminal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines