• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Receiving Error 301 on Mac CC

Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm receiving a 301 error when trying to update my apps on my Mac (Mojave).  I've reinstalled AAM.  No luck. 

Any ideas?

--Robert

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

this was originally posted 2 years ago and several people are posting about a newer easier-to-apply solution from nmsoy (which i don't see in this thread).

anyway, here is an updated post for cc app problems.  the steps below the bold text was the answer 2 years ago that many are calling (appropriately) the nuclear option.  but there several less aggressive steps that can now be taken because adobe, in the past 2 years, has added the ability to reset the cc app preferences and to repair the cc

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.  Running the repair fixed the problem and is probably the correct answer.  Thank you for saving me from uninstalling the entire world, including finding...  what is a plist?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A plist... "To provide a better experience for users, iOS and macOS rely on the presence of special metadata in each app or bundle." Look here:

https://developer.apple.com/library/archive/documentation/General/Reference/InfoPlistKeyReference/In...

Cheers,

Jens

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can also confirm that this solution helped and solved it in not time (compared to the suggestion of Adobe!).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I first read the "other solution", I had to laugh a little, thinking to myself "that is not a solution, that is a living nightmare...no way!"

But then I was reminded by your solution that sanity still exists. Thanks so much for pointing out this straightforward repair method. I don't think it existed a couple of years ago when I *did* have to do a complete un- and re-install of the entire CC Suite. Something that really takes a day or two, when you have as many plugins and customizations as some of us do.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too did the repair option and it solved the error. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this - this worked a treat for me as well. Repair, don't nuke.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked and took about 5 minutes. It should probably be added to the "correct" answers as this solution will save a great amount of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the correct solution and should be marked as such. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me too. Thank God I kept reading before I tried all of that faf above (totally unnecessary). I second that this post should be marked as the correct answer instaed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the correct answer and fixed my problem! so glad i didn't have to go nuclear on this with the full reinstall. No time for that haha!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This easy solution (repair using Adobe Creative Cloud Uninstall) worked perfectly and cleared Error 301.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked perfectly, thanks a lot !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much from Italy. Your suggestion for the "repair" option helped me too and it was easy and fast! Have a nice day!

Camilla

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bumping this as it worked in minutes and should be marked as the correct answer (before the full-uninstall option at least).

Do not nuke your preferences, try this instead. 

Thanks Petiili!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you petilli, you are my hero today! Just ran into this problem today and man am I glad I scrolled down and found this. I simply clicked to uninstall and then the repair button then relaunched, all updates that previoulsy failed now worked.

All hail petiili, sending good vibes for an awesome Wednesday your way!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

petiili / nmsoy

Year 2021, new version of Creative Cloud client and your solution for the error code 301 is still working. 🙂
Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reset option for CC (Mac: Cmd + option +R with Creative Cloud in the foreground) worked perfectly... BOTH times it was needed for a Photoshop update installation to proceed. However, Adobe should get their act together and fix whatever is causing this error so it stops happening. Thanks to all who posted/commented to avoid the nuclear option. Fixing it by doing a reset of CC is trivial but it IS annoying. Thanks to kglad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, worked for me too.  Thanks heaps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2022 Jan 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup this worked like a charm! Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same error 301 by update of Lightroom Classic and Lightroom CC on macOS 10.14 and the reason was enabled Avira Antivirus as background task. After disabling Avira the update went smoothly without any error code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just had the same issue - couldn't neither install nor uninstall anything - getting 301 error every time.

Killing all Adobe processess through the Activity monitor and relaunching Creative Cloud helped me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This wierd 'Repair' within the 'Uninstall' program works also for me under macOS Catalina. Very 90's solution, counterintuitive and doesn't makes customers more happy. But, thanx.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, a regular restart of my macbook fixed the issue (on macOS Catalina 10.15.5)

By the way, this is usually the first thing I try and on a mac, it is often the only fix needed 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Windows 10...

1. Search "Add or Remove Programs"

2. Find "Adobe Creative Cloud"

3. Click Uninstall

4. Click the Repair option when it appears

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines