• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Receiving Error 301 on Mac CC

Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm receiving a 301 error when trying to update my apps on my Mac (Mojave).  I've reinstalled AAM.  No luck. 

Any ideas?

--Robert

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

this was originally posted 2 years ago and several people are posting about a newer easier-to-apply solution from nmsoy (which i don't see in this thread).

anyway, here is an updated post for cc app problems.  the steps below the bold text was the answer 2 years ago that many are calling (appropriately) the nuclear option.  but there several less aggressive steps that can now be taken because adobe, in the past 2 years, has added the ability to reset the cc app preferences and to repair the cc

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this was originally posted 2 years ago and several people are posting about a newer easier-to-apply solution from nmsoy (which i don't see in this thread).

anyway, here is an updated post for cc app problems.  the steps below the bold text was the answer 2 years ago that many are calling (appropriately) the nuclear option.  but there several less aggressive steps that can now be taken because adobe, in the past 2 years, has added the ability to reset the cc app preferences and to repair the cc app without requiring a reinstall.  these less aggressive steps are listed below:

first try, resetting the cc app: To reset the Creative Cloud desktop app, make sure it's in the foreground, then press:

Win: Ctrl + Alt + R
Mac: Cmd + Opt + R

if that fails, try to repair
https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-install-stuck.html

if that fails go ahead and uninstall/reinstall per the above link

if that fails, do a clean cc install following each applicable step:

uninstall every cc app including preferences, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html
then uninstall the cc desktop app, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html
clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html
check for, and if available, update your os
restart your computer (don't skip this)
reinstall the cc desktop app, https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud.
if you're unable to install the cc desktop app at this stage, use an administrator account (solution 4 here, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-missing-damaged.html)
use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Appears to have solved the problem.  Photoshop is installing at the moment and I'll keep going on the apps.

Thanks for the fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

100% do not do this. Follow the actual correct solution from NMSOy below from 03/18/2020. Uninstalling is a total waste of time, and you lose all your preferences in the process. Repair your Creative Cloud application. Your CC apps themselves are not the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You just saved me hours of re-downloading and reinstalling! I can't believe all the thread suggest people uninstall everything! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My nick "nmsoy" got changed to "petiili", so maybe thats why you didn't spot it.. Anyways, great that there are plenty of ways to recover these days, plus this problem has only happened me once so far 🙂  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked great for me.  Thank you for the guidance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, God bless you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I try today -after many error 301- with :

Mac: Cmd + Opt + R

everything is ok now

thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, it was enough to run Applications/Adobe Creative Cloud/Uninstall Adobe Creative Cloud

There is a "Repair" option. After repair, updates are working again without any uninstallation/cleanup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, same. Don't start with the nuclear option, that's likely to be overkill.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2020 Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked perfectly for me. Thanks a lot for posting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the solution posed by NMSOy is much easier and more effective than doing a full-suite reinstallation. I tried this myself just now and I was able to run the Creative Cloud application again.

If you try this and you keep getting the 301 error or cannot connect to the Adobe server, then by all means try the more comprehensive option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Big +1 for this solution.  The repair button works a treat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot, NMSOy.

Your solution worked fine for me too!

Wamly,

Lars

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, thank you NMSOy. This is the solution. Don't bother uninstalling everything that will waste so much time. I have tons and tons of plug-ins for After Effects so having to remove and reinstall all of that would have been a nightmare. I didn't even know about the 'repair' feature on uninstall. Thank you!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much NMSOy. Your suggestion solved my Error 301 problem.

Warm regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, NMSOy, that simple uninstall an reinstall of just the Creative Cloud app solved for me too...appreciate the less invasive solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Boom! Worked like a charm. Thank you so much for posting this. Much better option than going all nuclear. Whew!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines