• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remote Support App

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this problem with Adobe? Is this Remote Support App Adobe's?

During an Adobe support session a few months back, upon request, I installed a support app. I cannot be 100% sure that this was the same app that is now causing me concern so I hoping someone here will be able to clarify.

Each time I startup I get a bouncing 'Remote Support App' in the Dock.

Although the quit and remove options are available, they do nothing.  The only way to get rid of this boucing icon is to go into Activity Monitor and quit it fron there.  In there it says USER is ROOT.

See attached for a few screen grabs of info I can find. Is anyone able to answer the questions below?  Thank you

Is this an Adobe App?

Why is it loading automatically?

How do I get it off my system?

Cheers all!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Seems you have the following app installed on your MAC

https://www.beyondtrust.com/remote-support/platforms/mac

To identify the location where it is installed, cmd+click on the icon on the dock and it shall open the install location which most probably should be the Applications folder. For unistallation try the installer from the website to see if it provides uninstaller as well, else you could use something like

https://freemacsoft.net/appcleaner/

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines