• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Says password isn't correct. What can I do?

Participant ,
Apr 11, 2016 Apr 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get a message that I have software to install, so I go to the control panel and it asks for my password. I use the same one that I use when I go to adobe.com (that one works fine online). On my control panel it shakes back and forth . . . no no. . .

I've also tried using the password for my computer. Still doesn't work.

What else can I do? I really don't want to call tech support - I need help from someone who speaks American!

Lynn

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Apr 28, 2016 Apr 28, 2016

Hi Kgrafix,

Please try to disable the login password for a while and check if that works, you may also try to create a new admin user account and let us know if that works for you.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Jun 18, 2022 Jun 18, 2022

There are some VERY misleading replies here. What it wants is NOT your Adobe password. This is a standard message shown by your Mac when you install anything, and you do what you do for all installs: use the admin password for your Mac. The message is shown by the Mac and Adobe can't change it in any way. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac or Windows, and EXACTLY which version of the operating system?

Recent Mac AND Windows operating systems have been known to cause "odd" problems

Are you using a computer Administrator account with full read/write permission?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac OS 10.11.3

Yes, I am the only user on this account. . .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 27, 2016 Apr 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kgrafix,

Please use the mac login password to proceed and share the results.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 28, 2016 Apr 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a tough time getting back in. Had to reset my password again, but it still doesn't work on the cloud.  password.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this dialogue box if I try with my name or email address. It doesn't ask me if I forgot my password, or if I want to reset. I have several updates waiting now. . .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kgrafix,

Please try to disable the login password for a while and check if that works, you may also try to create a new admin user account and let us know if that works for you.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 30, 2016 Apr 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure how to do that. The password IS disabled. . . Won't let me do anything. . . . If I can make new admin account, will I loose everything in the cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 02, 2016 May 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kgrafix,

Creating a new user account wouldn't affect Creative Cloud, you may follow: OS X Yosemite: Require a password after waking your Mac and uncheck "Required Password".

You are welcome to update this discussion in case you need further assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 06, 2016 Jun 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK - the good news is that I was able to get in and reinstall Bridge. Bad news is, it still has the same problem. Quits on me before I can even finish opening the software! I'm wondering if there is a patch for Bridge? OS? Can't even seem to find that. Gee, i was so excited to get Bridge back, too. . . .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2016 Jun 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So much back and forth that I'm not sure about this... did you ever enter your Mac (not Adobe) password to prove to your computer that you have permission to make changes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2022 Jun 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue on my Mac, and nothing is working. I can't install the Acrobat. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 18, 2022 Jun 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are some VERY misleading replies here. What it wants is NOT your Adobe password. This is a standard message shown by your Mac when you install anything, and you do what you do for all installs: use the admin password for your Mac. The message is shown by the Mac and Adobe can't change it in any way. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines