• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Screen Capture Software within Creative Cloud

Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2012 Sep 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm creating some basic "how to" tutorials for Photoshop Elements and need to do some screen captures.  Is there any software in Creative Cloud that can do this more efficiently than me editing my "print screen" images in Photoshop?

I'm hoping to eventually do some video tutorials as well so would like to know if there's some similar software to Screenflow in Creative Cloud?

Thanks for your advice and help.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 28, 2012 Sep 28, 2012

These are the tools I use for editing my screen shots:

Adobe Captivate (http://www.adobe.com/products/captivate.html) is geared at recording screen casts but is not part of the Creative Cloud. Many people are voting on the Idea of it being

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are the tools I use for editing my screen shots:

Adobe Captivate (http://www.adobe.com/products/captivate.html) is geared at recording screen casts but is not part of the Creative Cloud. Many people are voting on the Idea of it being included here http://forums.adobe.com/ideas/1786.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 for Adobe Captivate.  I've long been in search of a decent tool for capturing screen casts.  This is the first I've heard of the tool (hasn't shown up in any search I've done). Unfortunately once I got to the Captivate page the "try" link is broken:

Adobe - Error processing your request - Google Chrome 9282012 93030 AM.bmp.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@steventheamusing - I would try again. If you still see an error then try clearing your cache and cookies, or using a different browser. After clicking on the Try link you may be asked to sign in with your Adobe ID (and possibly update some information on your Adobe ID) but then you should see a page like this:

Screen Shot 2012-09-28 at 11.04.28 AM.png

In the SELECT drop-down you choose your OS and language. Then a pop-up windows for the Akami Download Manager comes up and you can download the trial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 20, 2013 Dec 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just found a new FREE screen capture utility for Windows called "GreenShot".

It can capture the current cursor. Of course to make it work with Photoshop, for example, you may not be able to use the default settings since the cursor changes when you hold, e.g. the Shft, Ctl (Command) or Alt (Option) keys. 

To be clear, this tool doesn't do a screen recording, just screen shots - but it seems to be really good at it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2016 Apr 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI - That first link you provided whacked my computer out with all kinds of alarms going off and warnings that there was malicious content on the site. If you're a staff member, I would think you'd be a little more careful about what links you're providing as recommendations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ctl-Print screen on the PC will only capture the area that is active. May mean no editing at all.  Picasa by default activates a screen capture tool, and cropping in Picasa is quick and easy.  One tip: use a low resolution screen for best visibility of captured images. If the images need to be downsized for display (like the one I captured above) clarity is lost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 02, 2012 Oct 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems you and I are on the same wavelength! I would love to see Captivate and Elements as part of the Creative Cloud.

Currently, I use Screenflow to capture my video and edit it. It's very easy to use and I like that, but with the Creative Cloud membership, I've been exploring Premiere Pro for editing since it has more options and effects. I was hoping I could get Captivate through the cloud so I no longer have to pay for Screenflow updates, but I guess for now, I'll be sticking with Screenflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 11, 2013 Apr 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also you can try to use the following screen capture software http://www.mysuperspy.com/screen-capture-software.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2013 Nov 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was hoping there was something on the Adobe Cloud Membership that would do screen capture but alas... so, I did some research for some free software.

Jing - Free (5 min vids) Easy to use.  Great for quick, 5 minute tutorials.   You get 2GB of space and 2GB of bandwidth per month to upload your files and share them using links. No one will need to download directly, they click on the link to view an image or watch your screen capture. It's a great free solution for short clips.

Camtasia - $99 (30 days free)  LOTS of bells and whistles, much more complicated but lots of video editing features available.  Even with all the bells and whistles, this is program is still fairly easy to use.  You would, however (at least with the free trial) need to upload the vids to your own server to share them.

Snagit - $50 (15 days free) I will try this out after playing with Camtasia.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using Windows 7 or 8, the Snipping tool is excellent. 

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-nz/windows7/products/features/snipping-tool

Sometimes you have to do some finger acrobatics if trying to capture cursors, or HUD together with the window behind it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2018 Feb 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TechSmith Snagit Pro is also really useful for captures and converting to various formats. I love it and have used it on mobile as well as desktops.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/screenshot/bdfnieppndfdhcgbmhfdlgdjegclkomk

Screenshot (addon for Chrome browser) is really nice also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2014 Jan 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just found this awesome trick for Mac users...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lGmCBzz8XU. Use QuickTime to record your screen..you don't even have to purchase the pro version...just use the one that comes with your Mac.

I just got my mom to download InDesign - so I'm thinking of making video tutorials for her and uploading them onto Youtube. So, hopefully the QuickTime solution will help!! I haven't had a play around with it yet myself.

Sar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2016 May 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - your links are very useful 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clearly, they have decided not to include Captivate in the Creative Cloud membership, as four years have passed.  It's unfortunate, as it would work well with the other apps.  I tried to follow the link to vote, but it said I was restricted.  Although, the vote may already be closed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2023 Sep 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Captivate is a separate monthly subscription and I kid you not, it's $33.99/monthly for the individual licensing...

To add some positivity, if you are on Windows 11 (maybe it's available on 10 now I'm not certain), you can now use the 'Snipping Tool' to record your screen to a video file in addition to 'screenshots' via images.

Screenshot 2023-09-26 124507.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines