• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Separate keyboard and interface language settings?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using all apps in English, because its easier to follow along in various online tutorials. However having a german keyboard layout at the same time, causes me a lot of trouble. All shortcuts are wrongly listed in Photoshop, Lightroom and Premiere Pro and therefore I can't use them.

For Premiere Pro I found a fix by copying the Keyboard Shortcut File (*.kys) from the German into the English folder. So when the language is English I can use the shortcuts made for the German layout. I cannot imagine, that I am the only one with that problem. I suppose I am missing something, an addtitional way to change keyboard language settings separately. My search attempts were not sucessful, because there are to many other threads about changing language settings and keyboard shortcuts.

Hope someone might help me.

Sincerely  yours,

Ben

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

you can automate the process but i sense you want it done for you.  you can make that request: Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

shortcuts for adobe programs are customize-able.

google "customize shortcuts" <each program> you want to change

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't want to change every second shortcut in every Adobe CC program. I dont mind the default shortcuts. I just want to be able to use them. I'm not quite sure if you understood my problem, kglad.

I need German keyboard shortcuts, but English interface language.

Every shortcut using special symbols like ' { } \ / ( ) etc. is not usable, because of my keyboard layout.

screen.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why don't you change the shortcuts so they don't use those symbols?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because I would have to change every single one manually. I use Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere Pro, After Effects, Lightroom, Acrobat, Bridge and Media Encoder on a regular basis. I would spend a couple of days changing all of them.

A reliable way to load German presets as custom keyboard set would work perfectly fine. But it is a little bit different in every program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can automate the process but i sense you want it done for you.  you can make that request: Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im not able to automate the process by myself. I came up with this solution for Premiere Pro: screen2.PNGscreen3.PNG

By copying keyboard shortcut from de_DE to en_US. (Backing up the original file of course). It works similarly for Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2023 Oct 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

finalmente alguem com uma solução viável a curto prazo.
obrigado benjaminl31235600!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel your pain. Same situation here with my italian keyboard. In some cases I solved it just adding english language pack to windows 10 and switch to it while using Adobe softwares. But in some other cases (like moving from one frame to the next or previous, in photoshop video layer does not work for me even with "Enable Timeline Shortcut Keys" on).

cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 14, 2023 Jul 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a lot of threads about this issue. I've wanted this feature for 15 years.

There should be two separate language settings in Adobe apps: One for the interface language, and one for the keyboard settings/shortcuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2023 Jul 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@carl746 

this is a user-to-user forum.

for applicable apps, you can make (some) suggestions to adobe here, https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/x-productkb/global/how-to-user-voice.html

for others, use https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

p.s. for this, use the desktop app ideas forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines