Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Starting CC Creates folder "GPUCache" on Desktop

Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2018 Jul 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

When I start CC it creates a folder named GPUCache on my desktop. I like to keep things organized and I'd rather not have folders on my desktop. Is there a way to change the folder location?

Thank you in advance

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Thanks for reporting this. Below are quick steps to stop creation of "GPUCache folder on desktop" when launching Creative Cloud:

1. Open Creative Cloud "preferences" and click "Quit" button.
  2. Delete "Adobe Creative Cloud" shortcut & "GPUCache" folder from desktop.
  3. Open folder location: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\ACC" and right click on "Creative Cloud.exe".
  4. Shortcut.png
  5. In the context menu select "Send to" and then select "Desktop (create shortcut)".
  6. It will create a new shortcut for "Creative

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2018 Aug 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last published date is July 16, but the direct download links appear to have newer update.

Can you try downloading and installing from here: Download Adobe Creative Cloud apps | Free Adobe Creative Cloud trial

On Win10 (1803), I'm getting it updated to 4.6.1.393. What OS are you running?

regards,

steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me as I open up PDF files using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC on SHAREPOINT. 

Think about that for a second.  Acrobat is creating a GPUCache folder *ON SHAREPOINT* to store whatever this junk is. 

The folder contains 5 files, so that's 6 items being created in SharePoint for no reason whatsoever, and accessing this content will be SLOW because it's going back and forth over WebDAV for files that are between 8 KB and 265 KB just to open a PDF - and with Office 365 limited to 5,000 items in a library, having every PDF file chew up an extra 6 items just because "Adobe" is not acceptable.

This is madness!!  This isn't just annoying folders being created, this is totally broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are noticing this as well in our production environment.

We are a publication company, and have several departments working with applications from Adobe Acrobat pro, InDesign, InCopy, Illustrator, etc.  We have a group that specifically makes layout templates for the production teams based on their requirements. Sometimes users get lazy and rather than launching the applications from their desktop, they go to the network location where the files are stored, and double click on the file to launch.  This is when we are noticing the GPUCache folders being created in the file storage area. Fixing the launcher will not resolve this, as this is bypassing the launcher all together. As this is being created on a network share, the files in this folder could potentially slow down the application as it has to read/write across the network.  The other problem is that it is using valuable space on the SAN.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest version of CC installed (as of 5/13/20), and there is no "Quit" option under CC Preferences.  Can these instructions be updated?  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have Creative Cloud on my computer. Yet I have this new folder GPUCache on my desktop soon after the latest Microsoft update. Is it OK to delete this folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I dont nor have I ever had Creative Cloud. I run WIn10 and got updated on Fri to version 21H2. After reboot have the GPU Cache folder. I only run Adobe Elements 15. This is a tablet and I doubt could run Creative Cloud. Plus i hate the subscription model. When I type "Adobe" in my start menu I see "AdobeGCLaunchEvent.DB". Following the folder location noted, C:\Users\Public\Documents\AdobeGCData. I see to .db and 1 log files. THis is a very odd thing. I deleted the GPUCache folder and renamed the files. Elements still launches fine. Very odd behavior not seen until the latest Windows update. I dont know if it will recur after reboot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's especially "odd" if you think it has anything to do with a windows update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its ot sop much that I think it did. THe only thing I have update lately is
windows.

Very odd behavior to be sure. I will update the thread after I reboot.

Jason

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

sounds good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines