• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

STOP ALL BACKGROUND APPS FROM RUNNING

Explorer ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have searched the internet and have not found a solution. I just bought CC and now I cannot do ANYTHING on my computer. Adobe hogs up so much resources my computer freezes and I have a pretty damn good computer.

I turned off start, I turned of the cloud settings. But no matter what I do, when I start an abobe product I will have to restart my computer in 5 minutes becasue it HOGS EVERYTHING.

Who the hell does Abobe thing they are? Are they the all mighty and so priveledge they thing they can just takeover all computer resources.

Well, they aint. THere are other softwares out there. And right now it take me over an hour to do five minutes of editing because my computer freezes. I have to restart my router and my computer just to get ABODE TO STOP USING ALL MY RESOURCES.

I don't think there is a fix for this. I plan to just uninstall and use something else, unless someone out there know how to stop this insanity. I am just fed up!

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to disable a program in Windows 10 startup
-Click the 'window pane' in the very bottom left corner of the Windows desktop
-Select * Settings
-Select Apps
-Select Startup
-Select/toggle the program you want to disable/enable
-BE VERY CAREFUL WHAT YOU DISABLE SO YOU DON'T STOP WINDOWS FROM RUNNING

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. But I know how to do that. And have already done that. And it does not solve the issues. The problem is the moment I start any Adobe software a half dozen background apps start. And do not stop even when I shutdown the programs. My computer quickly grinds to a halt and I have to restart the computer. 

There are TONS and TONS of people complaining about this ALL OVER the internet. This is KNOWN issueSimple, entry level startup hacks don't fix the issue.

When I start photoshop I also get 5-6 adobe background apps that start and don't turn off. There are people complaining about this everywhere. 

I am so frustrated. Please - I need REAL solutions. Someone please stop the intrusive uninvited bandwidth hogging Adobe background apps from bogging down everything.

I remember now why I updated and then cancelled my adobe two years ago.

I have been using photo 6.0 for 10 years and it works fine. I may just have to go back to it because this new stuff is ununsable!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There have been constant complaints about the resources Creative Cloud uses and how it can cause the computer it is used on to heat up, drain the battery at amazing speeds, slow the computer down, or lock up the computer entirely. Unfortunately for all of us, Adobe support generally does not monitor these forums.

If you want Adobe development teams to pay attention to the issue, I suggest you go to https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html and log a bug or find an existing one and vote for it.

This is the only method I know of to let the developers know that there's a problem they need to look at. The more reports/votes the development teams receive on a topic, the more likely they are to address it (although I, personally, make no guarantee that they will).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will definitely do that. I see a TON of complaints about this everywhere. And I remember having this issue a few years ago, so I just reverted back to my old CS6 verions of Adobe. I have very little faith that Adobe cares at all, since the complaints I see range back to 2014 all the through to 2021.

I did find some people had success locating this bloatware in their program files and just renaming them. Amazing how Google, Microsoft, Apple and all those other companies have no issues with this, any yet Adobe... hmmmm.. Make me suspicious of their motives. Sad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Couldn't agree more. Such poor, and arrogant, design decisions by Adobe. Anyway, for those who are looking for a solution, this worked for me on a Mac: https://www.ravbug.com/tutorials/stop-adobe-daemons/

However - if after doing the above, you then load an Adobe product, the various background processes will restart, and remain after you quit the app. But if you restart your computer they'll be gone again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines