• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Subscription cost increasing AGAIN

Explorer ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this may seem petty to some, but to me it's upsetting. I've always enjoyed using adobe products for 10+ years and was rapt when they began the subscription service. It meant that their products were now streamlined and affordable.

Now though, they've increased their subscription price twice in as many years I doubt I am going to be able to continue with it. I have periods where I work and periods where I don't, and to keep having to deal with the increase in prices when what made it all so attractive in the first place was the competitive monthly cost is making it more difficult to justify.

This is a shame, it's upset me. I really don't know if I can afford $73 per month, it stings when I think i started off paying much less than that.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 131 Replies 131
Explorer ,
May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe have not mentioned this once, why do you, do you work for Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

darrenh55843548  wrote

Adobe have not mentioned this once, why do you, do you work for Adobe?

No I don't work for Adobe.  I am informed about worldwide digital media taxes because I have to deal with it in my business.  Believe me, GSTs are a pain in the neck because every region is different.

Incidentally, my water bill increased 5 times during the California drought.  Did my bill suddenly decrease when the rains came?  Nope.  It sure would be nice if it had but that's never going to happen.

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is speculation. If my country's exchange rate improves, the Adobe lower our subscription price by their reason for the price hike. If you have direct evidence from Adobe as to their other reason, then please post it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the only reason for the price changes, provided by Adobe itself, all other reasons are speculation.

As part of doing business globally, Adobe monitors currency exchange rates in order to make adjustments to our pricing up or down as needed. You may be aware that currency exchange rates have fluctuated significantly over the last few years. As a result of recent changes in exchange rates in your region, the price of Adobe products and services is increasing starting on 5 June 2017<x-apple-data-detectors://0>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As noted in my above post, getting into the costing to provide a service across international borders gets mind-numbing within minutes. The number of variables ... fees, requirements, data tracking/posting, taxes ... and so much of it seems affected by what seems to be a current in-use interpretation. Those change constantly ... and tax collection agencies have no sense of humor anyone is aware of.

One of my interests is jazz guitar. Guitars are made of wood, mostly. Some of it may be a form or rosewood or various other tropical woods that are now on the CRITES list. The amount of paperwork required just to ship a 40 year old guitar across international borders is amazing. And especially as for many guitars, you can't provide an absolute "proper" listing of woods & when/how harvested because that sort of data wasn't kept until the last five years or so. People have guitars in limbo ... held up for further information, and of course ... further fees ... and are struggling to figure out how to satisfy the various agencies involved. In some agencies, if you can't provide an exact provable date of manufacture, well ... that's bad trouble. Others follow the rules which are supposed to allow for older instruments with a lack of modern paperwork.

That's what "modern life" is about, it seems. Constantly shifting rules, requirements, fees, and costs. It's just ... there.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is speculation. If my country's exchange rate improves, the Adobe lower our subscription price by their reason for the price hike. If you have direct evidence from Adobe as to their other reason, then please post it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're from Australia, for a while here you've been paying significantly less than users in US, and most of Europe. Period. That's not speculation. The only places the prices were adjusted were those with currency valuations that had changed over time. I don't know what else to say.

Would I love a lower cost? Of course. Who wouldn't?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No need to say anything else. Adobe have not once said to me directly about taxes. That is not in their reasons to Australian customers. They are deceiving customers. I quit them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here’s Why Some Creative Cloud Subscription Prices Are Changing | ProDesignTools

Sales Tax Rates (Including VAT or GST) Can Also Be a Factor

Adobe also occasionally needs to adjust what is charged when the applicable sales/VAT/GST tax rates change in particular countries… In these cases, the additional funds are going to state or local governments, rather than the company itself. Adobe collects the tax on behalf of governments, which are included in the listed price.

For example, this happened recently in Australia and in New Zealand. Previously, customers did not have to pay taxes on most international online purchases. But since last fall, all subscriptions for new or renewing customers are required to include the local (10-15%) GST added onto what Adobe receives.

'Nuff said.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clearly you don't know how GST works. If you are not paying any company tax (in my case in NZ), you are not paying out any of the GST you collect from users. Apple is a prime example. Not too sure where Adobe lies but can't imagine them being any different.

They have never mentioned GST anyway, it is only ever been the exchange rate. End of story.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clearly you don't understand another's point of view.

The fact that Adobe have not communicated that to me and other Australian customers and given a very poor and spurious reason is my issue, even when I contacted Adobe directly. That is my whole point. Adobe have been deceitful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhh I think you're confused. I understand, I don't like the increase either. All I was saying is that it is nothing to do with GST.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wrong. a few months ago Adobe increased the price for this GST addition - which i totally understand and not complaining about.

What we are complaining about is the misleading email stating that the price is doubling (which it is) due to exchange rates.

Nuff said..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I'm not wrong. I am talking about the latest increase.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i was not saying you were wrong Matchstick22, if you read my post it says

"Jackson Taylor May 17, 2017 4:08 PM (in response to Nancy OShea)"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies, completely missed that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no problems i figured that

I can promise you this, within two years it will close to $100 a month or more...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fact that Adobe have not communicated that to me and other Australian customers and given a very poor and spurious reason is my issue, even when I contacted Adobe directly. That is my whole point. Adobe have been deceitful.

Enough said.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil, I asked Adobe if the $AU exchange rate improves, Adobe will lower their subscription rate accordingly for Australian customers. They said no. Their reason is rubbish. That is why I am ticked. Not difficult to understand is it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

darrenh55843548  wrote

I asked Adobe if the $AU exchange rate improves, Adobe will lower their subscription rate accordingly for Australian customers. They said no. Their reason is rubbish. That is why I am ticked. Not difficult to understand is it.

Unfortunately, you received an inappropriate answer from whoever you talked to there. The fact of the matter is that Adobe does and has adjusted subscription prices downwards when the US dollar has weakened against the country's currency.

In fact, they did it here a short while back.... The prices were lowered in a couple of countries because of the strong franc:

https://blogs.adobe.com/conversations/2015/12/adobe-and-currency-fluctuations.html

So it is not correct for anyone to assert that it wouldn't work back in your favor, should the AUD or NZD strengthen significantly in the future.

Secondly, regarding the GST. It's too bad Adobe omitted it from the emails you received, however the information is clearly published here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/au/x-productkb/policy-pricing/au-gst-membership.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/nz/x-productkb/policy-pricing/nz-gst-membership.html

It is regrettable that you've received unclear and incomplete explanations from the company about all this. It looks like the email you received was somewhat of a boilerplate, and the rep you contacted gave you incorrect information. The people here on this forum (other users) are just trying to help clarify what the true situation is. If you still choose to argue or disagree, please keep that in mind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a load of rubbish. Stop trying to apologise for Adobe. Until I hear it directly from Adobe I could not give a rats.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Double wow.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same old rubbish from Adobe back in April 4, 2016 when I asked Abode about their email re the exchange rate as the reason for their price and increase and if Adobe will lower it when the exchange rate favours Australian customers:

IZ: I would like to inform you that Adobe has decided to increase the price of the subscriptions as per the currency exchange rates.

IZ: The price will change from 1 May 2016

darrenh55843548: If that is the real reason, please then actually answer my question.

IZ: Are we still connected?

darrenh55843548: yes

IZ: I would like to inform you that the subscription you purchased was at the pro motional price and this price was valid only for one year.

IZ: The price changes after one year to the regular price.

IZ: Adobe sends an email 30 days before the price gets changed.

darrenh55843548: Now you are telling me something different, that has nothing to do with exchange rates. So what is this BS: "I would like to inform you that Adobe has decided to increase the price of the subscriptions as per the currency exchange rates."

IZ: Yes, Starting on May 1, 2016, the price of Adobe products in Australia, New Zealand, India, Norway, Turkey, and Brazil will be increased. Existing customers will receive information about their subscription pricing directly from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is collegial about Adobe providing false reasons to me as a customer, me posting their reasons on this forum, and you not bothering to discuss their reasons?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines