• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Suddenly CS6 Master Collection becomes a Trial?

Explorer ,
Feb 03, 2016 Feb 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using CS6 for several years - installed it from discs and today I am suddenly getting this screen

Can anyone help me figure this out?

I try to register with the serial number we got at time of purchase (purchased for a non-profit company from CDW.com in 2013) but the system keeps telling me that the serial number I have isn't recognized.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 04, 2016 Feb 04, 2016

It's hard to say other than the licensing information is stored on your computer and maybe something happened to it.  If you search for [CS6 reverts to trial mode] you can find an Adobe help page that has a couple "solutions" about what to do although it doesn't say why it happened:  Adobe Creative Suite 6 applications unexpectedly revert to trial mode

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to just click the License this software button and re-entering your serial numbers, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, but it won't recognize the serial number I have

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wait - I'm wrong - it took it that time. Do you know why it reverted to a trial version in the first place? Illustrator has been crashing often too. Should I re-install it all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 04, 2016 Feb 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's hard to say other than the licensing information is stored on your computer and maybe something happened to it.  If you search for [CS6 reverts to trial mode] you can find an Adobe help page that has a couple "solutions" about what to do although it doesn't say why it happened:  Adobe Creative Suite 6 applications unexpectedly revert to trial mode

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2022 May 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[abuse removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2022 May 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Years ago I purchased the CS6 Suite outright; and Adobe validated it. A year later Adobe revoked my license. 

[abuse removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Years ago I purchased the CS6 Suite outright; and Adobe validated it. A year later Adobe revoked my license.

This is unfortunately common if you didn't buy from a trusted/reputable source... Scammers buy term-based licenses (i.e., valid for the short term, like one year) and sell them to unsuspecting people as "permanent" – but then those licenses later expire. By then, the scammer is long gone with your money.

Why Never to Buy Adobe Software on eBay, Craigslist or Amazon Mkt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines