• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

System Password

New Here ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the Bridge installer, Premiere Rush installer, and the XD installer, and all of them say i need a system password/adobe account password. I didnt remember my account password so i reset it but the installers still wont work. All i need to know is how do i change my "system passoword"/adobe account passoword? Or how do i get the installers to work? TIA!

TOPICS
Activation , CC FAQ , Creative Cloud , Feature request , Installation , New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Almost all software installs, whether from Adobe or anyone else, will ask for your system password. This is nothing to do with your Adobe password, it's what protects your system. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're on a Mac, you're probably being asked for your local administrator username and password to give permission for changes (new files etc) to be made to your hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2023 Nov 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this answer, John. I am on a, new, MacBook Pro and still adapting. Does this mean that "System Password" implies the password for the MacBook - not anything to do with the Adobe account? And why should it be considered safe to share my MacBook password with another entity? I simply want to download the Adobe App I've been over-paying for, for years, onto the Macbook. Is there a workaround?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh, and when you enter your mac password, it is NOT conveyed to anyone else (eg, adobe or any other developer).  it's strictly an apple security feature to ensure only admins on your computer can install apps.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does this mean that "System Password" implies the password for the MacBook - not anything to do with the Adobe account?

By @David33386429jyty

Correct.

And why should it be considered safe to share my MacBook password with another entity?

Sorry, I'm not clear on what you mean. No other entity is asking for your MacBook password. The System Password dialog is your Mac operating system asking for your system password in order to protect your computer. By entering your system passsword, you're telling the operating system that it is safe to install the Adobe Cloud desktop app.

I simply want to download the Adobe App

Download and install the Creative Cloud Desktop app. Then, using the desktop app, download your Adobe apps as required.

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Almost all software installs, whether from Adobe or anyone else, will ask for your system password. This is nothing to do with your Adobe password, it's what protects your system. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never...well, at least, hardly ever! Only Adobe, & msft has inexplicable ridiculous requirements like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@David33386429jyty 

macs requiring passwords for installations are not related to adobe. ie, rant on an apple forum if you object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fair enough. But in the process of adapting to Mac with my first MacBook, I don't believe I've seen a request for a "System Password" during course of downloading a dozen other apps. Perhaps it was called labeled else. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that can't be.  trying starting the install of any non-adobe app. (you need not actually install anything.)

just start the install. before anything gets installed, you should be prompted for your mac password.

please update after trying and, of course, do. not proceed with installing anything you actually don't want and are just using to test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happened to the new technology and information about the securitys
system update on my order and my account was debited from your office y
Maybe it's just error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines