• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The installation process for Photoshop CS6 cannot start it Fails.

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2024 Apr 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After using the Download Assistant to download the Mac version of Photoshop CS6, I tried to install it as a trial. However, when I launch the Photoshop CS6 installation app, I receive an error message saying "We've encountered the following issues -- installer failed to initialize." The suggestion was to download Adobe Support Advisor to detect the problem. I followed this advice, but after running it, the result was "Inspection could not identify any issues. Please contact Adobe Support for further assistance." And now I'm stuck...

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you have a 32bit supporting os?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're running macOS Catalina or later then you will not be able to install CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2024 Apr 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Even though CS6 was the first to support 64-bit architecture, it still had some 32-bit dependencies. What OS are you trying to install on? Depending on that you may need to consider upgrading to a CC license. If Photoshop is all you need, there is a subscription at $10/mo, or you prefer perpetual Photoshop Elements 2024 may be enough for you and is currently on sale at Adobe and official resellers through the end of the month for $69.99. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines