• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transfer of legacy product to mac

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2022 Oct 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a license for Adobe Creative suite cs5.5 (web Premium) for windows. I wish to trasnfer this licence to mac. I am not yet ready to upgrade to creative cloud. How do I transfer my license?

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't believe you can do that anymore.  the pre-subscription programs are no longer supported by adobe.

you can use an os emulater like parallels 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe goes out of its way to may it impossible to use its Mac legacy products work on a Mac much less facilititating a transfer between Windows and Apple.

Adobe's horrific reputation has been conistent through the years.  That is why I had invested in buying both Windows and Apple based products ten years ago.  

Spend money on Parralels or the equivalent and not a dime for Adobe's CC second bite at your wallet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here's adobe's info on platform exchanges, https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/exchange-product-language-os.html

and in another effort to inform @jvadapalas1, newer mac os'es do not support any 32 bit programs.  ie, all 32 bit (legacy or not) programs whether from adobe, or even apple, do NOT run on the newer mac 64 bit os'es.

this is contrasted with ms windows 64 bit os'es which support 32 bit applications. ie, 32 bit legacy programs (including adobe's) will run on 64 bit windows os'es.

bottomline: it's apples decision to not support legacy software that causes 32 bit programs to fail, and not because of anything that adobe did or didn't do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Agreed. It's 100% Apple which has made ANY company's legacy software not work on newer macOS versions.

Regarding cross-platform exchanges, Creative Suite is EOL and Adobe stopped making or selling CS6 over five years ago, meaning the ability to switch platforms ended at that time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines