• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transferring Adobe apps & app files to a new MacBook

Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2021 Sep 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m considering getting a new MacBook and I have some questions about transferring my adobe files to a new MacBook. How do you copy your adobe files (so any illustrator, photoshop, Indesign, etc files) to a new MacBook? Would they be transferred over when using migration assistant to transfer all data from the old MacBook to a new MacBook? Would I have to sync them to adobe creative cloud storage and then download them through adobe creative could storage onto a new MacBook? (Or sync them somewhere else)

I would think I have to download the Adobe Creative cloud apps on the new MacBook and sign Into my adobe account on the new MacBook first In order to open any of the files I made with the apps and want to add to the new MacBook, would signing Into my adobe account on a new MacBook copy all my adobe files from the old MacBook to the new MacBook?

I’m kinda confused on how my adobe files would get onto a new MacBook, I wouldn’t want to lose all the work I’ve done In apps like illustrator, photoshop, Indesign, etc. I’ve only really seen Information about how to get the adobe apps onto a new MacBook, but I can’t find much Info on how the files you have made with those apps get transferred onto a new MacBook.

Any answers are greatly appreciated, thanks!

TOPICS
Activation , Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2021 Sep 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure why but the title of my post Is messed up and says "amp" In It. I assume Its because of the symbol I used, Its meant to say "Transferring Adobe apps and app files to new macbook" Incase anyone Is confused.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do you store your files, specifically? On your hard drive or in Creative Cloud? And do you make backups?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are In the documents folder on my Macbook, I have a bunch of folders In the documents section that contain more folders so it's all organized. I don't make backups so all my folders and files are not backed up anywhere, they aren't on creative cloud storage, their just on my MacBook. So I assume that means they are just saved to the MacBooks hard drive. Would backing up my adobe files somewhere be a good idea then before transferring any data from an old MacBook to a new one? I have google drive connected to my MacBook but I never back anything up to that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right, they are only on the hard drive of the old Macbook.

1. Adobe will not automatically move your files from the old Mac to the new Mac. In fact, it would be impossible for them to do so, because one Mac can't just get files from another one.

2. If you migrate a user from an old Mac to a new Mac it will copy the files as part of that migration. You'd still need to reinstall the apps, and this has to be done with care.

3. Please back up your files unless they have no value at all, and you don't care whether you lose them. We backup because you can wake up any morning to find all your files lost: this has happened to me several times. Back them up every day, to a safe place.

4. If you had your files in Creative Cloud they would also be on the new Mac. However, you STILL need to backup, it's even more important, but now it is more difficult.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Use the Migration Assistant to move your data to the new computer. You will have to reinstall your applications. This would also be a great time to get an external hard drive and setup Time Machine to make backups.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines