• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transferring an account

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was chatting with "customer support" and was told to post in this forum. 

I have had a subscribtion with Adobe since about 2012/2013. I recenty updated my laptop and need to get my account on creative suite. However, I was informed from this cutsomer support agent that they were not able to assist me and I needed to post in a forum. Since the product I had was old, it reached an end of life, per this support agent. I do not agree with this ,I have been a customer for years and I should not be punished from using the product I have had for years only because I updated my laptop. I would like my subscription reinstated back to how it was. The agent was able to find my account and serial number for my products. This should be an easy transition. I am incredibly disappointed with the customer service I recieved. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you want help?

if so, what problem are you having?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What product are you using, how old is it, and on what operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are mixing things up

Creative SUITE with a serial number ended in 2012 with CS6... if you have DE-activated on your old computer you may install and activate on a new computer IF the new computer is compatible... new Mac computers are NOT compatible with CS6 and earlier... new Windows computers MAY work or they may not

Creative CLOUD does not use a serial number and is kept up to date to match new operating systems

So... as already asked... exactly what do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean you have been paying your subscription every month since 2012? Or did you pay a one time fee?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Subscriptions don't use serial numbers, so you didn't have a subscription.

As asked by others, exactly what software are you trying to install on what operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Customer support didn't lie.  Creative Suite is discontinued & unsupported.

Assuming you have an older computer that can support legacy softare along with your original installation disks/downloads & a valid serial number, you can install CS6 and activate it.  But you won't get any product support because it's end of life.

If you're really asking about Creative Cloud, download & install CC Desktop App followed by the other product titles.

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines