• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to connect to Creative Cloud .... what is going on?

May 01, 2013 May 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone else having issues logging in to Creative Cloud?  I cannot access via AAM or https://creative.adobe.com/.  AAM just gives me an error that it cannot contact Adobe, and the web portal just clocks.

Thanks

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 17, 2013 May 17, 2013

Here's an explanation for the instability, just posted:

Update on Creative Cloud Connection and file sync preview

http://blogs.adobe.com/creativecloud/update-on-creative-cloud-connection-and-file-sync-preview

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 133 Replies 133
Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2013 May 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Creative Cloud Connection preview application has been removed from the Creative Cloud Apps page at https://creative.adobe.com/apps but it did say preview in the title. Here is a screen shot:

Screen Shot 2013-05-17 at 10.44.13 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
May 17, 2013 May 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ken G. Rice wrote:

The Creative Cloud Connection preview application has been removed from the Creative Cloud Apps page at https://creative.adobe.com/apps but it did say preview in the title. Here is a screen shot:

Screen Shot 2013-05-17 at 10.44.13 PM.png

Thanks Ken, well that's something I suppose, they say a name says a lot, the question is however did it say enough? Would the average user understand the term "preview" simply implied in the name and all the underlying ramifications that could then mean to them concerning their production workflow and file access by using the Cloud Storage (as evidenced the last 3 or so days). Was having simply the name "preview" enough for most users, if that is all that was offered as indication and information to all subscribers about it's stability at the time of it's release for consumption by consumers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
May 18, 2013 May 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ken G.,

Adobe is finally putting out the fires on this situation. But not before a lot of people got singed. Fortunately, most of us will heal although I feel bad for anyone who still doesn't have access to their files.

It's the word "Preview" that threw me.

When Google rolls out an application that they are still working on, they call it a "beta." In fact, beta is the most common way to describe software that is still being worked on.

The Preview label for Creative Cloud Connection was hardly enough warning as to the precarious nature of the files stored in the Creative Cloud. There should have been big, bold letters stating that this was a work in progress, beta software, and any files store in Creative Cloud should be backed up elsewhere.

Of course that sort of warning might have kept users from using CCC. Which I don't think was Adobe's intention.

I had never stored anything important in Creative Cloud and was able to retrieve my files using the web browser. But that process wasn't simple.

I will trash the CCC software and wait a while, perhaps 9 months, before I try anything like this again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guess I should stick with CS3 for a little longer then.  Thanks for letting us know how this forced cloud will be on a daily basis. This would destroy my workflow and hurt my business. This is not a good solution, except for Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sandee Cohen wrote:

Ken G.,

--

It's the word "Preview" that threw me.

When Google rolls out an application that they are still working on, they call it a "beta." In fact, beta is the most common way to describe software that is still being worked on.

This.  The word "Preview".  In fact, what makes it more confusing is that Adobe also uses the term "beta", just not this time.

For example, take a snippet from an email I recieved from Adobe on 3/22/12:

Introducing Photoshop CS6 beta

Discover the latest breakthroughs in imaging magic, editing speed, and creative abilities that will soon be available in Adobe Photoshop CS6 software. Download the Photoshop CS6 beta and see for yourself how the world's best digital image editing software is about to get even better.

It was clearly labeled as beta software as is standard indusry practice.  What's done is done, but I would like to reiterate my request for clearer communication going forward.

Anyway, I'm out of here.  From my perspective, this horse is dead so I will not continue to beat it.  Thanks for all the fish!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too assumed the the word Preview was a application where you could preview varios items sucha as Files. It should have been named Beta Release Then that way people would know it was not a previewer

I turned it off completely since it refuses to stay signed in. That due to the Sync server which phones home for you ID and Password. With it shut down it will not stay signed in.  It will stay turned off until the sync Server is turned back on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hadn't looked at the word "Preview" that way, but you're right. It was a very easy mistake to make.

Beta would have been a better word.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 19, 2013 May 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe my mind is playing tricks on me, but I could swear that the sync status on the cloud status website did not state preview a few days ago. When I was on hen site it just said "sync" and nothing else. Before I read Adobe's blog post I was surprised that there was suddenly preview attached in parentheses. Can somebody confirm that? Does anybody has made a screen shot?

In any case Adobe keeps on showing that it doesn't care at all for its customers, just for their money. A company that wants to rule ten profess all market needs to act professional and not filthy! The post is just a try to cover up afterwards that they weren't able to make it work or fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know when this was taken, but it clearly doesn't say Preview:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Marcus – yes. It wasn't called "Sync Preview", just "Sync" on the status page. Now it is. An improvement. In fact, it should be called "Sync (Beta/Preview)" (from day one on).

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad I'm still sane :-), but now I'm more scared about the future of working with Adobe products. I wonder what's going on at headquarters. For more than a year we have been constantly told lies. A month ago Adobe sales still told me that I will be able to purchase a perpetual license for the new products. Their services don't work and they cover it up with shady statements instead of apologizing and offering compensation. Adobe proves with its CC sales model that it doesn't care at all what the needs of his customers are. Prices for CC are between 25% and 350% more expensive than CS while loosing the perpetual license. Adobe is not trustworthy at all anymore. The future looks very dark.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was not unhappy with Adobe discontinuing distribution of physical media for future versions of their CC products.  But to send customers an email telling them they have to upgrade or they will lose functionality, and then suspending that functionality anyway, for several weeks, is a major fail.  Someone got careless.  And yes, I did find it interesting that we were required to install a 'preview' version.  I would probably have installed it anyway (as I like to try new things as they happen) but I would expect to be able to revert to the current release in case of any 'instabilities'.  So I guess no one has access to the sync now, except through the web site?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This shows the change to preview best:

Adobe cloud connect fail

On May 15th it was just Creative Cloud Connection, and they only added "preview" on May 17th....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe can do what they want, and they´re doing it. but let´s see for how long

so cloud users will get some money back for a non working service over a couple of days?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

grafikundso wrote:

adobe can do what they want, and they´re doing it. but let´s see for how long

so cloud users will get some money back for a non working service over a couple of days?

And the moon is made out of Green cheese.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It wouldn't be that much money, like $5 if you took the percentage of the service you couldn't access.  It's not the financial issue as much as it is the reliability issue.  This was a major software engineering blunder.  I hope they aren't cutting it too close and there is more of this coming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not much for the customer, but 500,000 x 5 is significant to Adobe and the press. Adobe also just doesn't face a software blunder, but also is guilty for deliberate misinformation that caused damage to customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Douglas Starnes wrote:

It's not the financial issue as much as it is the reliability issue.

Adobe's decision for "cloud only" amidst perpetual license holders began as an issue and concern of "choice" by most and financially by many. With Adobe's continued lies and deliberate acts of misinformation to consumers it has now moved directly into the realm of ethicality and moral aptitude of a corporation. Adobe has treated it users with such abandonment of any civil and honest business practices that even "Creative Cloud Subscribers" should now be taking a serious look at Adobe's chosen business practices as a whole and directly relating to them. It should be a sad time for any and all Adobe employees to be apart of these continuing corporate blunders and be labeled under this same manifestation of ineptitude by Adobe to its consumers. The only thing perpetual at this point is not Adobe's software licenses but instead the lengths and measures of misinformation and lies that they are willing to produce to consumers to ensure profits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Extremely well said!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, if it weren't for the subscription model, I wouldn't be able to afford it so I welcome the change.  I guess for those who didn't upgrade every time it would end up costing a little more in the long run but you'll always have the latest and greatest which can be good or bad.  The good is that it will simplify the management on Adobe's side so they can focus on innovating the product.  The bad is stuff like we are seeing with the CC 'preview' tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some people it may be affordable to lease monthly and applaud those that like the rent each month model.

But for most, its difficult to come up with the Monthly Fee, and tie up a Credit Card for enternity.

And if your Internet happens to be down when It decide to phone home to see if your authorized then your Applications are unusable and if you saved them in the cloud then you have no way to get to them. So if you income depends upon those files there you are.  For the last week the sync Server has been down and they just announced it would be a Minium of 2 weeks before it will turn. With the latest version version of the CC Application. You can't even stay signed in without the sync Server. I have had to quit the  the CC Previewer Because it won't stay signed in despite being uninstalled and reinstalled severa times and removal of the ODBE Folder several times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2013 May 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't see where you get the tied to a Credit Card for eternity from Philip as I have been a member of Creative Cloud since it started and my payments are taken by direct debit straight from my business account.

I'm sure if you enquire this can be done for you as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's still tied to credit to make the program work. The very idea is absurd. When you have a program from a box, it's going to work without feeding it more money. People DO NO WANT the business model Adobe has chosen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was flat out Told by the MS Chat persion I talked to. when Asked if I could direct debt from my Bank Account: He words as he wrote "No! Credit Card Ony!" 

So based on the MS Chat sales Rep I have no recourse but tie of a CC for ever.  (Me talking) I would have to dedicate on of my CC accounts just to this purpose and nothing else. I also asked whether the fee could be paid yearly and received the same response "No! Credit Card only!"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Philip Jones - For those in America currently the only forms of payment are a credit card - Visa, Master Card, and American Express.

Forms of payment for all countries are covered here http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/adobe-stores-online-order-payment-faq.html#head4.

Payment for an entire year can be done using a one-year redemption card from a company such as Amazon.

Amazon.com too only seems to accept various credit cards per here http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=513058.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines