• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to install Lightroom 6 on 32 bit computer. How to get a version of LR which I can use? [was: Installation failed! Help!]

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2015 Dec 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HELP!  I got Lightroom 6 for Christmas.  The installation failed!    Our computer is only 32 bit not 64.  I want to return this and get a version I can use.  I wrote the serial number on the package so I'm sure I can't return it to the store.  All I see on the Adobe websites are these forums.  How do I contact someone at ADOBE? What should I do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The newer versions of Lightroom run only on 64bit - Systems. There's no more version for 32bit.

You can contact the Adobe support via chat or in some countries by telephone.

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?step=LTRM

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.4 - Photoshop 25.11 - Nik Collection 7 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz PhotoAI 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think version 5 is sold now, so you may have to switch to the 32bit version of Photoshop Elements

Ask in Photoshop Elements Forum http://forums.adobe.com/community/photoshop_elements to be sure

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Elements and Lightroom are not equivalent!

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you sure that you cannot install Windows 64 on your computer? Only older hardware does not work with Windows 64. And at least from Windows 7 on, you may install both versions with the same code. Most modern software will now come as a 64 bit version only and you will more and more run in trouble.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines