• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to Install Multiple Versions of PP

Participant ,
Feb 14, 2019 Feb 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the past, I was always able to install multiple versions of apps, and keep different versions on the same machine.  This was VERY nice because we work with projects from different clients and subcontractors on different versions of PP due to plug-ins, hardware compatibility, etc.  Additionally, often new releases aren't stable or break certain things, so it's good to be able to use new versions on small projects and not to lock in an upgrade until you are ready.

Also, you must install PP CS6 for access to Encore which of course everyone needs in a blue moon.

We rebuild a machine today, and upon reinstalling CC app, when we selected "Other Versions" and went to install PP2018 (13.1) it notified us that the current version would be uninstalled.  After installing 13.1, I also tried then to "Update" to install 2019, but it removed 2018 upon update.

It appears there is no way to install 2 versions of the programs, which is a LARGE problem for us.

Please advise.  On PC, Windows 10.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2019 Feb 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on Advanced Options.  See screenshot.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 15, 2019 Feb 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hemm, there is no "advanced options" for me.  When I have the current version installed, then click on the down arrow > Manage > Other Versions.  I click on the version I want, and then this pops up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines