• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Uninastall / deactivate Master Collection

Advisor ,
Oct 03, 2014 Oct 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since there's no Master Collection community my post goes here.

I'm about to re-format my machine. I own the CS6 Master Collection CD's. Do I have to deactivate and then preform an uninstallment process of each program in the suite in order to avoid any licence issues when I install the collection on the same machine afterwards? Is it sufficant to deactivate just one of the programs, let's say Photoshop? Will that be registered as a deactivation of the complete suite? I remember when I had CS4 I experienced all sorts of problems with this - has the system improved?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deactivating one program should suffice for deactivating the entire suite.  You can test with one (try a least used one) and see if it ends up denying you access to the others.  You should deactivate but shouldn't have to uninstall, reformatting should take care of that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ned,

Ok, so I'm all good if I just deactivate from within a single application, like PS. But is deactivation good enough to keep the license I'm using on the machine I have installed now? I tough I had to uninstall it trough Windows as well. I'm afraid to deactivate before I'm really going trough with the re-formatting process, cause I need PS for a week at least. With all the issues I had coming back into the registered user database of Adobe the last time around I'm a bit hesitant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so I'm all good if I just deactivate from within a single application, like PS.

Yes.

But is deactivation good enough to keep the license I'm using on the machine I have installed now?

Yes. Deactivation is all that the Adobe activation server requires in order to free up your activation on that machine. You can then reactivate on the same machine when you re-install.

I tough I had to uninstall it trough Windows as well.

Not necessary if you're re-formatting but there's nothing stopping you if you feel like doing it before re-formatting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hm, this is weird. If the whole suite / user license is deactivated by deactivating just one single program,then why are all the other programs still working without registration prompts? Shouldn't then the whole suite be deactivated?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines