• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Uninstall Legacy Software on the macOS Platform

Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have several Apple iMacs that had Adobe Creative Suite 4 Design Premium installed. I had recently updated the macOS to macOS Catalina. I am trying to uninstall the Adobe CS4 software but the article "Uninstall Adobe Creative Suite 4 and point products (Mac OS X)" does not help. I try to run the uninstaller linked under "Applications" with no success. I tried to run the installer with no success. The macOS error message prompted me to visit the article "32-bit app compatibility with macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 and later - Apple Support" to understand the error. Does Adobe have a solution to remove the legacy software from the current macOS platform?

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Taking all of the suggestions made into consideration, I have come to the conclusion that (at this time) the only option available is to perform a complete system reset of the macOS operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

clean your computer of cs4 files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

you can also use, Adobe - Adobe CS4 Clean Script

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The article you have linked to "http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html" is no longer accessible and redirects to "https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html". I have yet to attempt the method found in the article "Adobe - Adobe CS4 Clean Script".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just attempted the method mentioned in the article "Adobe - Adobe CS4 Clean Script" and I was unsuccessful. An interesting point to note is that I was able to access the article "http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html" by visiting Archive.org and download the resources mentioned in the original article from there. For reference, here is the archived article "https://web.archive.org/web/20120422082422/http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the updated link.  did it work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has not. It doesn't seem that any of the older software will be allowed to run on the latest macOS versions. Thank you for the rather accurate response to my issue, this might have worked before I had updated to the latest macOS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh, i'm sorry. i wasn't aware that your were trying to get old software (from adobe or anyone else) to work with osx 10.15.  i was just trying to help you uninstall older software.

in particular, 10.15 is not compatible with cs4.  apple designed it that way (to not be backward compatible) and obviously cs4 wasn't designed to work with a future os.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am trying to uninstall legacy software that has persisted throughout macOS version updates. The software that you refered to me would not run as they too are not being allowed in the current macOS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 24, 2021 Jul 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh, sorry again.  now i understand.

that is a problem.  other than rolling back the os upgrade and then removing/cleaning and then upgrading again, i can't think of a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2021 Jul 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the Creative Cloud Cleaner Toolkit, which can be downloaded from the following link

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool with no success. While attempting to clean up older Creative Suite products on Apple iMacs, the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool will hang and fail to respond. The longest I have let the tool hang for was somewhere around an hour and a half.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you used the current cc cleaner and it hung?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, while attempting to clean up Adobe Creative Suite 4 Design Premium on an Apple iMac running macOS 10.15.7 Catalina.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Taking all of the suggestions made into consideration, I have come to the conclusion that (at this time) the only option available is to perform a complete system reset of the macOS operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines