Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Uninstallation of Creative Cloud completed with errors

May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So mainly I've enjoyed Adobe CC products for a while now. But I'd best stick with Creative Suite instead. So I uninstalled all applications I had installed via Creative Cloud on my PC. I clicked on Uninstall Creative Cloud in  Programs & Features in Control Panel but it ended with a message: "Creative Cloud was uninstalled with errors."

I'm using a Windows 10 laptop by the way. How do I get around this issue. Do I have to use CC Cleaner tool?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Hi HydroXide,

As you have tried the steps mentioned on this link "Failed to install" error received when installing Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app

and the issues still persists. I would request you to rename (add .old after directory's name) the following directories from your laptop.

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE
  • C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\AdobeApplicationManager

This shoul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you serious? I don't need a hotmail account. I'm looking for a solution... -_-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Creative Cloud Download & Install

Hi Hridyanshu,

Kindly ignore the spam post.

Did you try run the Creative cloud uninstaller or Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems ?

Let me know if any of that helps!

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried using the CC Cleaner tool and the CC Uninstaller but it still showed CC had an issue getting uninstalled. Any other way around?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi HydroXide,

It is unfortunate that CC cleaner tool and CC uninstaller tool is not letting you uninstall Creative Cloud successfully on your win 10 laptop. In addition to what Sheena has mentioned, I would request you to follow the step 3 of solutions 2 from this link: - "Failed to install" error received when installing Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app and share the result.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't seem to work either.. I'm constantly trying but yep same results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

POST UPDATE: Now, when I try to uninstall Adobe CC it says the application directory cannot be found which means either of the two have deleted the CC file directory. But the problem now is that the Adobe background tasks for CC keep running. How can I delete it completely?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi HydroXide,

As you have tried the steps mentioned on this link "Failed to install" error received when installing Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app

and the issues still persists. I would request you to rename (add .old after directory's name) the following directories from your laptop.

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE
  • C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\AdobeApplicationManager

This should remove Creative Cloud from your machine. Please let us know if you are able to uninstall Creative Cloud successfully from your machine or if you need further assistance with this.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying! I added .old for OOBE.old and AdobeApplicationManager as you suggested. Is that what I'm supposed to do? Because when I click Uninstall from Apps & Features it said the directory is not found. And when I get to the directory for Adobe Creative Cloud Uninstaller.exe it's there and when I attempt to run it, it doesn't run. Am I renaming the file wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2024 Jun 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It still doesnt work. I get a message "windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files (x86) Adobe Creative Cloud\Utils\Creative Cloud Uninstaller.exe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2024 Jun 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, 

We're here to help you. Kindly help us understand more. Are you trying to uninstall Creative Cloud? Are you getting any error message? What steps did you follow to uninstall Creative Cloud?

^KS

KS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've successfully uninstalled Creative Cloud! Thank you for the support, Atul.

For future users: First install CC again and uninstall it if this ever happens again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2020 Jan 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I am having the same issue. What should I do in Mac (IOS Catalina)? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Atul.  You solution worked perfectly above.  1st I had to make my self an administror for Windows 10 Home version, then restart, then I was able to rename files with .old extension,  then download and run adobe Creative Cloud uninstaller (ran successdully), then I installed adobe Creative Cloud.   Worked like a champ.  Thank you Doug E.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines