• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

UNinstalling Creative Cloud on Windows 7

Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2021 Sep 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an old Windows 7 PC that I used to use Creative Cloud on but I've transferred my license to a newer Windows 10 PC.     But I can't seem to uninstall it from the old PC!   The Windows Add/Remove programs does nothing.   Several other people here have reported the same problem and it was suggested that we use . . .

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

...so I ran that and even though it said it worked, it doesn't seem to have done anything.   I've attached a screenshot.   N.B. that the screenshot is AFTER refreshing the Add/Remove list following the "successful" execution of the Adobe utility.

So now what?

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One of the fist steps is "Check the sync status of your Creative Cloud files in the Creative Cloud desktop app. Wait for all your files to sync completely."

But the program is not registered on that PC anymore.   So I can't do a sync.   The last time any Adobe software was run on that PC was over a year ago.   I just want to remove the Adobe CC software that's there before handing the PC over to somone else.

Will this still work without a sync?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you have a computer user profile with full admin level permissions.  Without that, you cannot remove/install software.

Run the Adobe Cleaner Tool below:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines